O's are willing to move Tillman in right deal, per Roch

Sterling Bird

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guthrie actually was signed during the previous regime (Flanny/Duke), not under MacPhail's watch.

I am hopeful that we'll continue to make smart signings like him, but I'm not sure MacPhail is as into taking fliers on AAAA type guys as the previous regime was. They didn't get much of a shot, but Flanny and Duke did a good job of bringing in potential cheap players with upside like Knott, House, and Guthrie.

I know this, I was just mentioning that I expect even more of these signings under the AM watch...

I can't imagine why they would want to trade Tillman, but I have no problem with being open to that possibility if something really good came up. On the other hand, I wonder what good comes out of saying something like this? Why say it at all? It can only look bad to the prospect himself or people close to him. I wonder what caused him to say this :scratchchinhmm:

That would be terrible.

Oswalt is damaged goods and past his prime. This would be a bad move. We should be trying to get younger...not older. Trading Tillman, unless it's for a young hitting SS or 1b (if we fail to land Teix), would be foolish. Those of you saying you' d trade him for a lesser, older, "major league ready" pitcher make no sense.

You only trade Tillman for pitching. I wonder if we have talked to KC about Grienke?

I agree.

And, if AM is talking about trading our top pitching prospects, that means that he's trying to speed up the rebuilding process. Which also leads one to believe that Tex is close to or in the bag.

Which could be why Arrieta may take some time. We may waiting for Tex to be announced. And, once that happens, AM moves on to making trades for established pitching by trading away a few of our prospects without gutting our system.

Archived