O's are willing to move Tillman in right deal, per Roch

Sterling Bird

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im not very big on Gordon, I have watched him play quite a bit and I smell a bust. I know he has Longoria type pedigree but I dont know I have a feeling what we see from him now is about what you will get. I very well could be wrong just my gut feeling.

I'm not too high on Gordon either.

Im not very big on Gordon, I have watched him play quite a bit and I smell a bust. I know he has Longoria type pedigree but I dont know I have a feeling what we see from him now is about what you will get. I very well could be wrong just my gut feeling.

You very well might be right too. Honestly, it's his upside more than anything else that I love.

In Gordon's prime, what kind of numbers could he put up?

If he lives up to his potential he could be a top 5 3B.

I would think a line of 270 avg 350 obp 30 hr 20 sb

So he has a very high ceiling and I would be willing to take a chance on him, I just have a bad feeling he will never reach that ceiling.

If he lives up to his potential he could be a top 5 3B.

I would think a line of 270 avg 350 obp 30 hr 20 sb

So he has a very high ceiling and I would be willing to take a chance on him, I just have a bad feeling he will never reach that ceiling.

Those numbers don't excite me, or look that good. :(

Not eager to deal Tillman though I expect everyone is available in the right deal. I would be significantly more inclined to deal Tillman for a near-all-star quality major leaguer than for another minor leaguer. It really doesn't make much sense to me to deal Tillman for another minor leaguer as Tillman is about to be a BA top 15 or so prospect. Who are we going to get who is better? Not many names. If Tillman were to emerge as a cheap 2/3 option over the next few years, then AM better find a super-quality playing coming back. Speculation that the Os value Arrieta ahead of Tillman would be a bit unusual as Tillman has been rated higher than Arrieta by about everyone this year.

I would expect we would be looking at a pitcher of the Oswalt/Peavy quality as AM seems to be making major efforts to upgrade the rotation. Another thought might be the OF in Minnesota - someone like DYoung might be available if Minn is willing to go with Span. I'm sure there are many options - let's just hope AM chooses wisely.

For one, after than awesome August from Tillman, my first, second and third choices would be to keep Tillman in the organization.

The thing is, I really just don't want to trade Tillman.

Nobody does, but this is classic throwback Orioles from the days they were the premier franchise in baseball.

You get three pitchers close to the big league level, pick the two out of that group you think will have the best long-term success, and trade the third for the best deal you can get.

If Roch is saying that they'd consider trading Tillman, it means they've already make that evaluation and like the chances of Matusz and Arrieta better.

Archived