Lyles scratched, Austin Voth starting

Going Underground

When we got tickets for Fathers Day I thought, hey, I could get to see Grayson Rodriguez or maybe even DL Hall could be up by then. But even getting Wells, Zimmerman, or Bradish would be cool. Worst case, we get Lyles. As a lifer, it still surprises me that I haven't learned my lesson.

Austin Voth it is!

53 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

I could see this in the realm of tactically maximizing the last day of Pitcher 14.    Three pitchers enter, only two leave.

If Lyles pitched well, the worst few pitchers wouldn't make their 50-pitch contribution to 1450 today.

This could be tactical. Let’s hope it is and not an injury 

Regular plug that on a per-pitch effectiveness scale, the Raysian hedge fund types want everyone to know that almost any fresh RP airing out for 20-40 pitches at a time is likely better than Jordan Lyles pitches 31-60, and very likely better than Jordan Lyles 61-90 third time through the order.

The nice thing about atomizing run prevention is you also don't have to pay anyone any real money!

We gots 14 pitchers and an off day tomorrow - Bullpen Attack!

This might be like a 1-day sample of 2023 Jordan Lyles with his option exercised leading the team in IP and not making the playoff roster, similar to 2021 Rays Ryan Yarbrough.

• Upvote 3