Bullpen has been excellent.

DocJJ

Wow.  I don't recall any O's team having such a great pen.  I hope we don't overwork them.   Too bad our starters are lousy and Rodriguez got hurt....

Cionel Perez

Jorge Lopez

Felix Bautista

Nick Vespi

Keegan Akin

Dillon Tate

All have been most excellent!

2 minutes ago, DocJJ said:

Wow.  I don't recall any O's team having such a great pen.  I hope we don't overwork them.   Too bad our starters are lousy and Rodriguez got hurt....

Cionel Perez

Jorge Lopez

Felix Bautista

Nick Vespi

Keegan Akin

Dillon Tate

The 2012 team had the highest WPA of all time for a bullpen until a Rangers team bested the mark.

• Upvote 2

And with the exception of Lopez and Bautista, none of them have overpowering stuff.  They pitch into a lot of double plays and clutch flyouts.  Nothing wrong with that at all, as the most important key to success is not allowing hard hit balls.

37 minutes ago, DocJJ said:

Cionel Perez

Jorge Lopez

Felix Bautista

Nick Vespi

Keegan Akin

Dillon Tate

Britton

Miller

Brach

O'Day

Matusz

Webb

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, LA2 said:

I don't know how they rank statistically, but one of my favorites was:
Stu Miller

Eddie Watt

Moe Drabowsky

Dick Hall

Eddie Fisher

Gene Brabender.

It’s very tricky to compare bullpens across eras.  The 1966 bullpen threw 504 innings.   The 1971 bullpen threw only 243.   Last year’s bullpen threw 666.  This year’s is on pace to throw 681.  They’ve already thrown 50 more innings than the ‘71 pen did all year.  

• Upvote 1

First in my heart but not stats:  Gregg Olson and whoever else they cobbled together between '89-93.  The second/third guys were a mixed bag from Williamson, Frohwirth, Flanagan, Mills, Poole...  But Olson and his curve was must-watch TV in those days.

• Upvote 1