Roch Kubatko sets the OH on fire

blueberryale77

It was never my intent to be confrontational as afterall, I am a newcomer here. However, when I feel strongly about my view on something I will hold my ground. To me that is all I have been doing. I can take ridicule and derision when I deserve (clearly have been shown to be stupidly wrong) but that was simply not the case here.

All I'm saying is hold your ground about Miggy's defense or whatever the issue at hand is but if you don't have anything nice to say about the other poster don't say anything at all. Just like all the O's players when they were asked about Sam Perlozzo earlier in the year. ;)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They are not going to move Mora back to a Chone Figgins role at his age. He was an abysmal shortstop in his prime and he no longer has anything approaching the speed to be a passable centerfielder. If ego weren't an issue, you might be able to move him back and forth between third base and left field, but that's about it. And remember, he backed out of the World Baseball Classic because his country (boy this thread is all about Venezuela isn't it?) wanted him to play LF. I think given Mora's NTC your best option by far is to trade Tejada rather than move him to 3B here... unless Mora has a setback and misses extended time with his foot.

Mora was right in that WBC argument. Cabrera was still playing some LF at that time, while Mora hadn't played it in a couple of years and wouldn't be playing it for the O's. Yet, they wanted him to move.

Sorry to nit pick, but it's a pet peeve of mine: "Have seen." Not "of seen." You're accidentally giving a phonetic spelling to the contraction would've.

Whether it's a pet peeve of yours or not, it's not a good idea to break up a perfectly good thread by being the grammar police. Take it to the rants section please.

You can't deny that there are some less "KHARP-y" posters who do jump on the bandwagon though (or more like join the feeding frenzy)... and that sometimes the sheer volume of condescending posts from the KHARPs and bandwagoners combined can be a little intimidating to a newbie. Of course that doesn't mean the poster under attack should lash out and turn the discussion from baseball to a peeing contest. There is entirely too much metatext on this board especially during the months of the season when the O's are out of the race. And too much testosterone. Sometimes I think we need a rule that there have to be at least two female posters around at all times... or a female mod to break it up when the guys lock horns.

What are the KHARP thresholds?

I am usually impressed by new posters who are articulate and argue their points in the face of overwhelming scrutiny, even if I don't necessarily agree with them. If nothing else, it's entertaining.

Mora was right in that WBC argument. Cabrera was still playing some LF at that time, while Mora hadn't played it in a couple of years and wouldn't be playing it for the O's. Yet, they wanted him to move.

I didn't mean that he didn't have a point, just that he doesn't seem to be too interested in playing LF. Honestly, I think the little deal worked out between the Marlins and the Venezuelan sports federation was horsepoo, but Melvin was pretty clear in his statements about how he felt about playing the outfield at this point in his career.

What are the KHARP thresholds?

I am usually impressed by new posters who are articulate and argue their points in the face of overwhelming scrutiny, even if I don't necessarily agree with them. If nothing else, it's entertaining.

Oh me too, I just don't like when it turns to people insulting each other's intelligence back and forth ad nauseum. As for the threshold... let's see... 5 pips? That's what I have, right? ;) Nah, I don't know, Stallion's the one who made it up. I'm sure I don't actually count as one.

Edit: Yeah apparently I can't count. I'm definitely not KHARP material.

All I'm saying is hold your ground about Miggy's defense or whatever the issue at hand is but if you don't have anything nice to say about the other poster don't say anything at all. Just like all the O's players when they were asked about Sam Perlozzo earlier in the year. ;)

I am not trying to be a wiseguy, as your advice is seemingly appropriate, but do you personally feel Moderators of a forum should be allowed to denigrate other posters? That seems like a double standard to me.

My personal opinion is a moderator should be above the fray and "moderate" what is going on, not act worse or as badly as the non-moderator posters! Again, that is just my opinion, but I think it is a good one.

Yeah, I am beginning the NASA countdown as to when this one will be locked as well. The funny thing is I read the blog and was laughing about it and thought, should I or should I not start another thread, and lo and behold someone else already beat me to it! Thanks goodness for that!:D

From the rules of the board:

13. Don’t openly complain about the moderation or how this board is run. You can always contact us personally to voice concerns, but quite simply, if you don’t like the way the board is run, you are free to go elsewhere.

That's the second time you've taken a shot at the moderation. Please either cut it out or do as recommended above....

Oh me too, I just don't like when it turns to people insulting each other's intelligence back and forth ad nauseum. As for the threshold... let's see... 5 pips? That's what I have, right? ;) Nah, I don't know, Stallion's the one who made it up. I'm sure I don't actually count as one.

Edit: Yeah apparently I can't count. I'm definitely not KHARP material.

I love acronyms.

I think the idea of a female mod is superb. Good call, Kharp. I dunno, when I hear that term, I think of these things.

Whether it's a pet peeve of yours or not, it's not a good idea to break up a perfectly good thread by being the grammar police. Take it to the rants section please.

Sorry, Ton, wasn't trying to be belligerent or anything, only trying to help. I'll contain myself in the future.

From the rules of the board:

13. Don’t openly complain about the moderation or how this board is run. You can always contact us personally to voice concerns, but quite simply, if you don’t like the way the board is run, you are free to go elsewhere.

That's the second time you've taken a shot at the moderation. Please either cut it out or do as recommended above....

Thanks for the advice as I like your board a lot and am thinking seriously about becoming a paying member. However, if moderators are going to lock posters threads whenever they disagree with the argument presented and then turn around later and re-visit their position because of a Blog by a Sun sportswriter, I am not sure if I will stay. This seems to be a bit like mind control or something of a similar nature, i.e., either adapt my way of thinking or like Chef Gordon Ramsey on Hell's Kitchen "I will shut it down."

Now I obviously have not been here long enough to know if this is the norm or if it is merely I have rubbed someone the wrong way. If, so I would like to issue my heartfelt apology. One of the mods sent me a PM with some advice to try to be more open to discussion and I appreciated it. I told him that I have an emotional attachment to my two favorite sports teams, the Orioles and Ravens and sometimes get caught up by it only because I want so badly for them to be successful.

I am not trying to be a wiseguy, as you advice is seemingly appropriate, but do you personally feel Moderators of a forum should be allowed to denigrate other posters? That seems like a double standard to me.

My personal opinion is a moderator should be above the fray and "moderate" what is going on, not act worse or as badly as the non-moderator posters! Again, that is just my opinion, but I think it is a good one.

I'm not a mod so I'm not going to put out an opinion on that. No board is perfect, but once people get used to this one and settle in most of us come to think it's one of the best places on the internet. If I played for the Orioles I wouldn't show up my manager, and since I post on this board but am not responsible for any of the maintenance or content I'm not going to give the people who are any trouble unless I think it's really, really justified. We are all only human and watching the O's can be frustrating, so almost everyone gets fed up and lashes out occasionally.

Anyway, there is a rule about not openly criticizing the moderation in the forums. Honestly I didn't join the board when I first found out about it because I thought that was dictatorial or something, but now I think that having to keep our mouths shut sometimes when someone hurts our feelings is a million times better than reading a board full of trolls and completely baseless, ignorant posts. I hope you too come to enjoy the OH for its by and large witty discussion and the sense of community that exists among those who have been around awhile, but if not there are other places out there to discuss the Orioles. I like it here, so I walk the line.

Now please can we talk about Luis Hernandez and/or Miguel Tejada again? Pretty please with a cherry on top?

I'm not a mod so I'm not going to put out an opinion on that. No board is perfect, but once people get used to this one and settle in most of us come to think it's one of the best places on the internet. If I played for the Orioles I wouldn't show up my manager, and since I post on this board but am not responsible for any of the maintenance or content I'm not going to give the people who are any trouble unless I think it's really, really justified. We are all only human and watching the O's can be frustrating, so almost everyone gets fed up and lashes out occasionally.

Anyway, there is a rule about not openly criticizing the moderation in the forums. Honestly I didn't join the board when I first found out about it because I thought that was dictatorial or something, but now I think that having to keep our mouths shut sometimes when someone hurts our feelings is a million times better than reading a board full of trolls and completely baseless, ignorant posts. I hope you too come to enjoy the OH for its by and large witty discussion and the sense of community that exists among those who have been around awhile, but if not there are other places out there to discuss the Orioles. I like it here, so I walk the line.

Now please can we talk about Luis Hernandez and/or Miguel Tejada again? Pretty please with a cherry on top?

When's Bynum coming back again? I think at that point this discussion will be moot anyways, unless they decide to send Knott down (again).

Wouldn't shock me.

I think you have to give Tejada his job back. The guy is the best player on the team and who knows how he'll adapt to this refreshing attitude that Trembley has injected. I can't imagine he wouldn't thrive.

As an aside, I love the way Trembley calls the players by their last names. Not sure why.

I think the reason why Drungo "changed his position" is because Roch wasn't saying "let's replace Tejada at short with Hernandez." He was saying "maybe it's an idea to give Tejada a couple starts a week at DH." There's a difference inherent there.

You trade Tejada before you make him a DH. His value is at shortstop. Jeter is one of the worst defensive shortstops in the majors but he's still there because of his ego. Do you think the Yankees would ever make him a full time DH and put a Luis Hernandez in his place?

Fixed.....

Archived