Do you think Elias will trade Mancini

RVAOsFan

Mancini Trade   

110 members have voted

1. 1. Will Mancini be traded?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

I think not, only because Trey's recent slump has reduced his trade value to the point where we wouldn't get anything of value for him. I'd guess that Santander, Mullins, and maybe even Stowers are more likely to get dealt as individually they're replaceable and each would bring back a player or players of substance. 

He obviously thinks he's going to be traded and it's likely because the Orioles told him as much. The intent is clearly to trade him, the only way that doesn't happen is if the offers aren't there. If the season went as we expected and the Orioles were 10+ games under .500 right now, they'd trade him for the best offer even if that best offer was just a couple lottery picks. Given we are where we are, there's at least a 20-30% chance he stays because I think Elias will need to get something of value back. I do think a scenario exists where he's not dealt, but in that case, I think we see Santander and/or a reliever go. I do think we are selling at the deadline and not buying (though I really wish we'd buy a controllable starter). I just don't see it as a must trade all available pieces scenario like it would have been if we were 39-60 instead of 50-49.

44 minutes ago, ShoelesJoe said:

I think not, only because Trey's recent slump has reduced his trade value to the point where we wouldn't get anything of value for him. I'd guess that Santander, Mullins, and maybe even Stowers are more likely to get dealt as individually they're replaceable and each would bring back a player or players of substance. 

A few week slump isn’t changing Mancinis value.  

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

The only reason I say yes is because Trey thinks it’s going to happen, which sounds to me that he is hearing things from the team and/or his agent.

It’s a business decision about what’s best for the club long term. They obviously are not resigning him. If they can get a good future piece they have to do it.

1 hour ago, DrungoHazewood said:

And the compensation is only if the Orioles give him a QO and he declines.

Apparently that's no longer true with the new CBA.  Yes, there is the QO and compensation for that BUT there is also apparently compensation for losing free agents based on what they end up signing elsewhere for.  As far as I've been able to determine that isn't tied to a QO, but could be wrong.  

4 minutes ago, spleen1015 said:

I vote no because I don't think Elias is going to make any trades. He's not going to get any offers that he deems worth it, so he doesn't pull the trigger.

I think it's more likely Santander gets traded because you can play him in the outfield unlike Mancini. Jorge Lopez may get traded if Elias gets blown away by a trade offer. 

Lopez has been great this year, but there's no guarantee he will repeat this performance in future seasons. If a team is willing to give up a trade package that values Lopez as an elite bullpen arm then Elias might pull the trigger on a deal. 

Elias is focused on the future and if a couple prospects will provide more value than Lopez in the next few years, then we could see him dealt.  

I think no because alone neither Mancini nor Santander would bring near ready or controlled pitching. That is why Santander plus Tate for Snell made sense. Mancini to Mets for Buck reunion and playoffs sounds great but what do the Mets have to offer that Elias is going to value for the near term, I have no idea. You want pitching nearly ready then Mullins to Marlins is the way to get that. not Mets. With the way Cowser is going now, this time next year he can play CF. IMO Snell won't happen because John A won't take on salary, eats into his profits. I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it.

1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

It’s a business decision about what’s best for the club long term. They obviously are not resigning him. If they can get a good future piece they have to do it.

I don’t think it’s a foregone conclusion that what’s best long term is to trade him.  It depends on the return.