The Trey Mancini Appreciation Thread

Moose Milligan

4 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

Awesome Oriole and it's a shame his tenure almost exactly coincided with our run of futility. 

His first and last home hits were both homers.

Maybe it's an editing thing, but it appears he got around the bases faster on HR 1 than the in-the-park HR. Gary even comments on how fast he moved on that one. 

You'll be missed, Trey. Good luck with Houston. And we'll get to see some more this year, actually. 

Edited by NashLumber

I'm happy for him that he's going to a legitimate contender and that he brought back at least one potential legitimate starting pitching prospect on return.

He's a 1st class person and a guy who defied the odds of being an 8th round pick that became an All-Star (even if it was the HR derby). I hope he tears it up for Houston when he's not playing the Orioles.

2 hours ago, NashLumber said:

Maybe it's an editing thing, but it appears he got around the bases faster on HR 1 than the in-the-park HR. Gary even comments on how fast he moved on that one

We had good fun watching him with Bowie in Harrisburg. The cancer struggles hit home. Was so glad he found the sweet and talented Sara to stand by him. What a touching, moving story his relationship with Mo was (which most reporters totally missed the significance of when he hit that HR last week).  I’m so glad this tenure ended in such a magical way and so glad he’s got a chance at postseason play and perhaps a WS ring.

Here’s a video I took of a bases-clearing triple from 2015, showing off that speed you mention. 😆

• Thanks 2

Very sad to see Mancini go, even though we saw it coming and knew it was bound to happen. I enjoyed watching him come up through the system, make a name for himself in Baltimore, overcome adversity, make a splash in the All-Star home run contest, and play his heart out. He is appreciated, and then some. All the best Trey!!!