2023 Rotation

Bahama O's Fan

13 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

It’s even funnier when he does it for Mateo, while also saying he’s not a good hitter and unreliable.  

Not sure what the Mateo reference is all about.  He’s a flawed player putting up a good overall season.  I am happy we gave him the full year at SS instead of having him be a utility player and paying Paul DeJong millions to do even worse like you wanted to do.

3 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Not sure what the Mateo reference is all about.  He’s a flawed player putting up a good overall season.  I am happy we gave him the full year at SS instead of having him be a utility player and paying Paul DeJong millions to do even worse like you wanted to do.

What does DeJong have to do with your flip flopping on Mateo?  

Edited by Sports Guy

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

How did I flip flop on Mateo?

Waiting for an answer.  You only use the laughing emoji when you got nothing else.  Show me how I flip flopped on Mateo.  I said he was talented and we should play him at SS.  Worked out pretty well.  Now, I’m ok going into 2023 with him at SS but think we can upgrade overall by replacing him.   Only an idiot would call that a flip flop.  Haha.

3 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Waiting for an answer.  You only use the laughing emoji when you got nothing else.  Show me how I flip flopped on Mateo.  I said he was talented and we should play him at SS.  Worked out pretty well.  Now, I’m ok going into 2023 with him at SS but think we can upgrade overall by replacing him.   Only an idiot would call that a flip flop.  Haha.

Because you can’t see the obvious.  There’s no reason to talk to you. You aren’t a genuine person to discuss things with.  It’s easier to just laugh at you.

55 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Because you can’t see the obvious.  There’s no reason to talk to you. You aren’t a genuine person to discuss things with.  It’s easier to just laugh at you.

Sure. You said I flip flopped on Mateo.  I simply asked how.  You got nothing.  Which person is genuine?  You have a warped sense of it.  

17 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Sure. You said I flip flopped on Mateo.  I simply asked how.  You got nothing.  Which person is genuine?  You have a warped sense of it.  

Go back and read the Mateo thread.  See how you go from thinking he’s turned it around, to he can’t hit and then arguing with me because I don’t want to rely on him.  You don’t want to rely on him but then you do but then you want to argue and talk out of both sides of your mouth.  

You are all over the map.  If you can’t see it, oh well.  I really don’t care.

9 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Go back and read the Mateo thread.  See how you go from thinking he’s turned it around, to he can’t hit and then arguing with me because I don’t want to rely on him.  You don’t want to rely on him but then you do but then you want to argue and talk out of both sides of your mouth.  

You are all over the map.  If you can’t see it, oh well.  I really don’t care.

He did turn it around for 50 games.  That’s a fact.   I never remember saying he has to be the SS in 2023 or that I was convinced the good hitting Mateo was permanent. Probably because I didn’t. You don’t even know what flip flop means.  

Again, you started this. Wasn’t even talking to you when you poked your big nose in two separate times.  The Mateo comment came out of LF.  And you can’t back it up.  Crawl back under your rock.

BTW, for me everything isn’t black or white. I know your brain can only handle simple concepts.  While it’s not my first choice, I’m perfectly fine starting next year with Mateo at SS.  He has some potential with the bat and has shown it.  I just don’t believe he can sustain it but who knows.   At least we’ve learned a lot about him this year which wouldn’t have happened if .523 OPS Paul DeJong was our 6M SS this year and 8M SS next year. What a horrible move that would have been.   Hmmm.  Another feather in your wannabe GM cap.  

Edited by RZNJ

5 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

He did turn it around for 50 games.  That’s a fact.   I never remember saying he has to be the SS in 2023 or that I was convinced the good hitting Mateo was permanent. Probably because I didn’t. You don’t even know what flip flop means.  

Again, you started this. Wasn’t even talking to you when you poked your big nose in two separate times.  The Mateo comment came out of LF.  And you can’t back it up.  Crawl back under your rock.

I can..I just don’t care to.  I’d rather you watch you cry about it.  It’s entertaining to me. 

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

I can..I just don’t care to.  I’d rather you watch you cry about it.  It’s entertaining to me. 

Right.  You can’t.  If you could you would.  Got anymore genius moves that cost 15M and make the team worse?   Pure genius!

Edited by RZNJ

Unless they have a great spring and win a job, I think Baumann and Zimmerman can give us some pretty decent starting rotation insurance at Norfolk in 2023. It seemed like we had nothing but Rodriguez in the Norfolk rotation for part of the season this year.

Conveniently, precisely 90 American League SP compiled 50 innings during 2022.    It didn't work out to a flat six per team, though.    7 of the 90 were Orioles, ranking by K-BB%:

Voth 36th, Bradish 48th, Zimmermann 54th, Lyles 55th, Wells 58th, Kremer 64th, Watkins 76th.

For as well as Kremer closed out his year, it surprised me a little looking it up his peripherals ran that low.

Tampa being Tampa - they were the lone team generating just four 50-inning qualifiers yearlong.    The SP5 role does not really exist for that club, as it might not for future Orioles teams.    Nobody scratches one out for the boys on that team.

The teams who generated seven qualifiers aside from BAL were BOS, DET, MIN, OAK, all of whom I'd broadly characterize as "throwing stuff at the wall" for the back of their rotations.

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=all&stats=sta&lg=al&qual=50&type=1&season=2022&month=0&season1=2022&ind=0&team=0&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0&startdate=2022-01-01&enddate=2022-12-31&sort=9,d