2023 Rotation

Bahama O's Fan

I would acquire two quality starters outside the organization whether by free agency or trade.

Between Wells, Kremer, Bradish, Rodriguez, Hall, and Means we should be able to fill out the rest of the rotation.

Hall (inexperience/control issues) and Means (injury/rehab) are unlikely to start the year in the rotation.  

• Upvote 1

I want to see us sign a TOR free agent and bring back Lyles.  I think Lyles would like to stick around based on his success and the teams success this year.  See if you can work out a deal to sign him through 2024. He has proven to be durable and eat innings which is so valuable.

FA, GR, Wells, Lyles, Kremer/Hall/Means

Next year at the deadline we will have a better idea who on the major league and minor league rosters are expendable and have a better idea what holes need to be filled.

30 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Pablo Lopez, Clevinger (one of the good FA options), GRod, Hall and Wells.

That's better but, without doing the research, it's not too exciting.   I just looked at Clevinger really quickly.  I know he had a really good year in 2018 but hasn't really pitched a lot of innings since.   Also have to be weary of pitchers like Lopez and Cleavinger who pitch in pretty big ballparks.   

36 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

Grayson Rodriguez

Dean Kremer

Tyler Wells

A free agent

A competition between Bradish/Hall/Voth/Watkins/etc

This makes more sense then the fairy tales mentioned in other posts. Hall won’t win a competition with the current rotation guys. Those expecting a total rotation overhaul are dreaming. Plus Kremer and Bradish look to be real and developing. I suppose you’d look to deal Watkins and Voth.

36 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Pablo Lopez, Clevinger (one of the good FA options), GRod, Hall and Wells.

I’d be very happy with a rotation like this. Kremer, Bradish, Voth as depth. Eventually get Means back and have a good problem to sort out. Though, I imagine both Hall and Wells will still have an innings limit, nothing crazy but I doubt they’ll be going to 180 innings or anything…so a 6-man rotation at some points would play into Means’ return quite well. Assuming no injuries of course which is assuming a lot.

Just now, DrungoHazewood said:

2022 OPACY park factor (HR): 0.792

Camden Yards made Jordan Lyles look like a competent starter.

Good point.   Cleavinger and Lopez both have solid road splits though.   Lopez has two years of service time left.  Obviously, you have to give something to get something.   I know SportsGuy wants to center a deal around Mullins.   I guess he'd be a good get at the right price.

It really feels like the O's need two pitchers this offseason, but it may be realistic to only get 1.  Getting Rodon would be nice, yet he has the injury risk. Chris Bassitt maybe is a safer option on a smaller deal, and I still like Manaea as a bounceback candidate in Camden.

RE Clevinger, I would be on board with him, but I'd be curious to see if he can regain his 4-seam velocity.  He's at 93.7 now versus 95 at his peak.  If that starts bouncing back in September once the elbow is a little more broken-in, I'd be all over that.  I'd also be good bringing back Lyles on a 1 year deal, and have them both in the rotation until Means is ready.

Clevinger/Bassitt

G-Rod

Tyler Wells

DL Hall

Lyles

(Means)

Kremer, Bradish, and eventually Lyles in the wings to prep for DL Hall losing his stuff for a minute.

Edited by nvpacchi