Arizona Fall League announced 2022 schedule and affiliations

Legend_Of_Joey

On 9/16/2022 at 1:25 PM, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Trimble was recovering from injury this season, so this is probably to get him extra work.

The lack of a catcher is weird. Figured Handley, Roberts or even Cumberland. 

Players can be added later, so we will see what happens.

Why is it weird?  There are five teams combining their prospects for this team. They can’t all supply a catcher.  

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Why is it weird?  There are five teams combining their prospects for this team. They can’t all supply a catcher.  

I get that they all can't supply one, but the last few seasons seems to have always been an Orioles catcher.

That and I'm surprised they didn't send any of Handley, Roberts, or Cumberland there for further evaluation, especially Cumberland, who has missed time with injury.

3 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

I get that they all can't supply one, but the last few seasons seems to have always been an Orioles catcher.

That and I'm surprised they didn't send any of Handley, Roberts, or Cumberland there for further evaluation, especially Cumberland, who has missed time with injury.

I'm fairly certain Cumberland is a minor league free agent after the end of the AAA season. They'd have to resign him to send him to the AFL, right?