Henderson coming up this week?

Roll Tide

2 minutes ago, Snutchy said:

Adley has been hyped for years. Everyone knew of him.

Adley has been a household name since being drafted and Gunnar’s name isn’t as well known until recently becoming the #1 MLB prospect. 

I could see a 3pm announcement for Gunnar’s MLB debut announcement, since there’s a decent chance he will be coming off the bench today with Cease pitching for the White Sox. 

10 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I could see a 3pm announcement for Gunnar’s MLB debut announcement, since there’s a decent chance he will be coming off the bench today with Cease pitching for the White Sox. 

I don't think he would be coming off the bench. Stack the lineup with lefties against Cease.

Lefties OPS 87 points higher against Cease in his career, 94 points higher this year.

Edited by MurphDogg

3 hours ago, sevastras said:

Not trying to derail this thread, but was looking up rule changes.  Does this mean if any of the prospects gets a year of service and gets top 5 MVP or Cy Young or top two ROY pre arbitration, the Os get an extra draft pick? 
So next year AR is top 5 MVP, Henderson ROY, GRod top 5 Cy Young and top 2 ROY that is 4 extra draft picks?  Obviously that is an extreme example but could happen. 
If an eligible prospect is promoted to the major league roster, receives a full year of service time and receives “sufficient” awards consideration in any season before he qualifies for arbitration, the team will receive a PPI selection in one or both of the draft and the international draft, if implemented.

Talk about counting your chickens before they hatch.

• Legend_Of_Joey changed the title to Henderson coming up this week?

I said this in another thread, but I wouldn't be surprised if they waited at least another day or two just in case there are rainouts and make-up games that extend the regular season. I'm guessing he comes up Thursday or Friday, but would be happy if it's today.

Edited by LookinUp

1 minute ago, jrobb21613 said:

I'd imagine  the orioles would make an announcement before the tides release their lineup for tonight's game.

If he's not playing for the O's tonight I don't expect them to make an announcement or roster move today.

Nothing good can come from announcing anything a day early.

14 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

I said this in another thread, but I wouldn't be surprised if they waited at least another day or two just in case there are rainouts and make-up games that extend the regular season. I'm guessing he comes up Thursday or Friday, but would be happy if it's today.

Yeah I would not be surprised if we did a day or two cushion. Considering if we have to play a tie breaker game 163(is that a thing?). I’d guess Gunnar is on the “taxi squad” with the team at the moment, and will be added to the roster tomorrow, or Thursday. Either way, his days in the minors are done. 

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

If he's not playing for the O's tonight I don't expect them to make an announcement or roster move today.

Nothing good can come from announcing anything a day early.

If he's not listed on the tides lineup or on the bench that's going to be pretty telling that he's being called up. I don't know but I don't think that's the way they want everyone to find out. An announcement would be more appropriate.

2 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Yeah I would not be surprised if we did a day or two cushion. Considering if we have to play a tie breaker game 163(is that a thing?). I’d guess Gunnar is on the “taxi squad” with the team at the moment, and will be added to the roster tomorrow, or Thursday. Either way, his days in the minors are done. 

No tiebreaker games anymore, so that won't be the issue. Just if the season is lengthened for a rainout.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jrobb21613 said:

If he's not listed on the tides lineup or on the bench that's going to be pretty telling that he's being called up. I don't know but I don't think that's the way they want everyone to find out. An announcement would be more appropriate.

I'm still going to disagree.

You make an announcement tonight and then something changes, what happens? 

I don't think Elias cares if folks are speculating.

• Upvote 1