Aguilar or Nevin?

Bahama O's Fan

1 hour ago, Aristotelian said:

I would rather have Aguilar, and Nevin replacement is why I thought we got him. I was very surprised he started yesterday. Hope that doesn't happen again for a while. 

Very much this! I hope yesterday's start was about getting him into a game right away to initiate him (so to speak) and not a sign of things to come. His 0-for-4 with 3Ks hopefully helps keep him on the bench against RHPs. He doesn't have great splits in his career, but has been a bit better against LHP. I don't mind if we see him start as the DH or occasional 1B against LHP (or to give Mountcastle an occasional breather if it is against a RHP), but I would have MUCH rather seen Stowers in the line up yesterday over Aguilar and hope that's the case moving forward. I want the default to be Mullins, Hays, Stowers in the OF, Santander at DH, Adley at C (obviously), and Mountcastle, Urias, Mateo, Henderson first to third. From there, you can spell guys with Vavra, McKenna, Aguilar, and Odor. Henderson can play SS occasionally with Urias at 3B and Odor or Vavra at 2B. Vavra against a good RHP over Hays on occasion is fine, same with McKenna spelling Mullins or Stowers against a LHP. 

26 minutes ago, jamalshw said:

Very much this! I hope yesterday's start was about getting him into a game right away to initiate him (so to speak) and not a sign of things to come. His 0-for-4 with 3Ks hopefully helps keep him on the bench against RHPs. He doesn't have great splits in his career, but has been a bit better against LHP. I don't mind if we see him start as the DH or occasional 1B against LHP (or to give Mountcastle an occasional breather if it is against a RHP), but I would have MUCH rather seen Stowers in the line up yesterday over Aguilar and hope that's the case moving forward. I want the default to be Mullins, Hays, Stowers in the OF, Santander at DH, Adley at C (obviously), and Mountcastle, Urias, Mateo, Henderson first to third. From there, you can spell guys with Vavra, McKenna, Aguilar, and Odor. Henderson can play SS occasionally with Urias at 3B and Odor or Vavra at 2B. Vavra against a good RHP over Hays on occasion is fine, same with McKenna spelling Mullins or Stowers against a LHP. 

I agree 100%