Sunday, September 4: Orioles try to sweep the A's before the first big showdown with Toronto

SteveA

2 minutes ago, WillyM said:

IIRC, Mountcastle commented after a recent Sunday loss that it's hard to see the ball against the Camden Yards center field backdrop on bright, sunny days.

I don't know what other color they could paint the backdrop to make the ball easier to see.  Maybe the Orioles ought to resurrect the old Charlie Finley idea of using orange baseballs.

Oakland is seeing it OK.

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

It’s not over. Can’t get too down. It’s one game either way. 

Doubleheader tomorrow and of course it could be 4.5 out or 0.5 out by end of Monday .. 

Playoff teams sweep bad teams this time of season.. or they just will miss out.  Not 2/3.  This is not April. 

1 minute ago, tntoriole said:

Doubleheader tomorrow and of course it could be 4.5 out or 0.5 out by end of Monday .. 

Playoff teams sweep bad teams this time of season.. or they just will miss out.  Not 2/3.  This is not April. 

Sure we could be. Key is to hang around. No one game decides anything. I’ve seen too much in my life. 

In 87 I thought the Tigers were dead and the Jays collapsed the last week. Orioles who were awful even split 4 games in Detroit last week of season. 

Stay engaged in the race. Games are left.