Labor Day afternoon: Game 1 of the Orioles biggest doubleheader in decades

SteveA

Still a ways to go, but if I was composing the game story and no one provides a rewrite from here, its the Jays capitalizing on the infield defense.

This game feels somewhat a microcosm of the season.    That we're in it as much as we've been is the gift, regardless of how it finishes.    

And win or lose we're watching Gunnar, Hall, Adley and who knows what's next?

3 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

Jim Palmer not there to complain about Baker's cutter.

Calling that pitch a cutter is a joke.. cutters that don’t move at all are called fat mistakes. 

Getting beat on that rather than the 100 mph fastball is just really bad pitch call and poor execution 

2 minutes ago, JR Oriole said:

They have a .290 hitter batting 8th in their lineup.  I think it’s fair to say they are a lot better.

Honestly entering this year the Jays more than the Rays or Yankees seemed to me like the team it'd be toughest for the Peak Adley teams to get by.  

They are maybe having a 20th percentile type season to our 99th percentile one.    Manager switches and Gausman looking like a nervous Nellie are a little encouraging for the Vlad v. Adley longterm.