Tuesday, September 6: Bradish takes the mound in a must win game vs Toronto

SteveA

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• The issue with Cano is the classic issue with sinkerballers. Hyde let him rest far too long. There's comprehensive data out there showing that sinkerballers really suffer from too much rest.  That said, Cano is a different pitcher this year. He's throwing his 4 seamer far more this year than last (11% vs. 3%) at the expense of his sinker (48% vs. 55%) and slider (11% vs. 14%).  Another thing, his control and command is off this year. That sinker just isn't living low enough. Same goes for his changeup.  He's nearly tripled his walk rate. Cano is really good when he isn't putting runners on base for free because those groundballs that he gets from his sinker aren't likely to do damage. Now they're doing damage. 
    • I like him very much and I’m very glad we have him. I just keep spelling it wrong. Thanks for the note. I really do like him, I just have few illusions about his Cy Young chances.
    • Nice post-I would also add it's not really "conspiracy theory" stuff to entertain the thought that his plans all changed or were altered when it became apparent the Angelos family had to sell the team.   He built the wall in his own words to "attract FA pitching" and then the "take-off" quip.  Everything changed when decision to sell the team was made.  I truly believe that Elias's ST/LT plans were colored by the Angelos situation, we will a better idea of his complete plans with supportive ownership.
    • If you believe that the playoffs/World Series is a crap shot, then you should be fine with the roster as is. I don't believe that. I believe that the better your high performing talent does in the post season against the other team's best talent, the better your odds of succeeding are. I don't believe for a second that Irvin is going to magically turn into a pitcher that I would have ANY confidence winning a postseason game on the road in NY or Philly. I don't have confidence that Craig Kimbrel will go into one of those environments against those caliber of lineups/opponents and save 2/3/4 games in a 7 game series. I don't believe it's a good bet to bet on him or Cano succeeding against Soto/Judge or Turner/Harper/Realmuto/Bohm or Ohtani/Betts/Freeman with the season on the line. I just don't. But I respect your opinion if you believe the opposite.
    • Can we trade Urias/Mateo to get any decent RP help?  I am not sure but Mayo up means one of them needs to go.  Now both will need to go when Holliday comes up which i think should be in late summer.  what do i know?
    • Agreed.  ME's MO is more akin to dollar cost averaging than pushing all of his chips in on a few investments.  A lot TBD.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now