Game 162: the end of the line for the 2022 Orioles

SteveA

1 minute ago, Just Regular said:

Is Jordan Lyles in the dugout?

Curious...after some friction in Jays-Orioles games this year, will you generally be rooting for or against them if they get past Seattle to face NYY or HOU?

I'd root for the Blue Jays in either of those matchups.

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I feel like Watkins could become decent. He’s got good movement. 

He's already 31 years old.   I doubt he will "become" any more than he is.   And I am grateful for his contributions to the team, especially this year where he pitched fairly well at times, but I don't want to see him any higher than #7 in our starting pitcher pecking order next year, starting the season in Norfolk and ready to come up when someone gets hurt.

6 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Is Jordan Lyles in the dugout?

Curious...after some friction in Jays-Orioles games this year, will you generally be rooting for or against them if they get past Seattle to face NYY or HOU?

Very difficult and impossible choice. I'm hoping the Rays or IndGuardians squeak thru.

5 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

If Watkins can't last 3 innings, who do they go to?  Voth?  I'm surprised the O's didn't bring up a starter from AAA.

The Orioles are allowed to call up an extra player for the doubleheader, so they have called up Nick Vespi.

Leaves me wondering - what has Vespi been doing in the time since Norfolk's season ended?  Did the Orioles have him stay in Norfolk and throw bullpen sessions to a member of the Tides' coaching staff?  Or has he just been sitting at home?