Walltimore changing again in the future?

Sports Guy

6 minutes ago, StottyByNature said:

I think they went too far with the wall, both literally and figuratively.  There is a happy medium between "comically easy to hit it out" and "damn near impossible to hit it out."  We should settle somewhere in between.

Braves Field in Boston originally had dimensions of 402-403-440-520-550-402-402. New OPACY would comfortably fit inside the playing field there. We're not anywhere close to damn near impossible to hit it out.

16 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Braves Field in Boston originally had dimensions of 402-403-440-520-550-402-402. New OPACY would comfortably fit inside the playing field there. We're not anywhere close to damn near impossible to hit it out.

Easy to understand why there were so many triples and inside the park HR in early 1900's. 

1 hour ago, Moshagge3 said:

I think it would make sense to lower the wall and have some kind of porch there, like the flag court but with picnic tables or something.

The Braves have something like this in RF, with a section of bar seating basically. The Nats have it in LCF but it is behind a row of standard seating. I don’t love it in either place, but at least the Nats pack them in in front of the casual fans there for socializing. 

Camden is a great democratic ball park in that respect, standing room in right, tightly packed seats behind home where an average Joe can scrape together enough for a ticket if they really want. I don’t love the $35 upper deck seats, but otherwise I hope they don’t change too much.

I don't think they spent a bunch of money on the LF wall just to move it in 10 feet after a year or two.  No way that's happening in the remotely near future.  MAYBE they make that corner less severe somehow, but that also seems like a long shot

Its hard to imagine anything changing this off season w/ any of the OF walls.  I'm just hoping they spend the state money to upgrade the scoreboards and video screens, particularly in CF but also in RF.  That CF scoreboard needs some modernization for sure.

Aren't they also adding a scorebook or whatever its called, for gambling?  Is that going in the warehouse?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

The biggest effect might have been psychological on O's pitchers, where they didn't feel every ball hit in the air to LF was likely a HR with the previous dimensions. 

Since the ball was clearly spiked in 2019 it certainly seemed that a lot of O's pitchers were like "screw it, anything I throw within a foot of the strike zone is going to be a home run."