Orioles 2022 #17 Prospect Darrell Hernaiz - 2B/INF

Tony-OH

• 2 months later...
22 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I like Hernaiz, and in a lot of the dark years he would’ve been the type of prospect we would cling hope to like the original EdRod.

8 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Marcus Semien II?  Probably not but it's an interesting comp if you look at their histories. 

One stretch-comp deserves another. Had forgot that Syd Thriftism re. EdRod I: "the next Alex Rodriguez." LOFL!

22 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I like Hernaiz, and in a lot of the dark years he would’ve been the type of prospect we would cling hope to like the original EdRod. Hernaiz was never going to be a SS here, so it’s great that he’ll get to play in the PCL eventually. I’m rooting for the guy. 

Absolutely. Think about how much we clung to a guy like LJ Hoes, and Hernaiz is a far better prospect. 

It's wild to think that trading Hernaiz hasn't even made so much as a ripple in the farm system. We've come a looooong way. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, interloper said:

Absolutely. Think about how much we clung to a guy like LJ Hoes, and Hernaiz is a far better prospect. 

It's wild to think that trading Hernaiz hasn't even made so much as a ripple in the farm system. We've come a looooong way. 

I don't remember a lot of Hoes clinging.  I was more upset they traded Hader and the draft pick.

16 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't remember a lot of Hoes clinging.  I was more upset they traded Hader and the draft pick.

Well, pick whoever. But there have been so many luke warm prospects folks have held on a pedestal over the years. Hernaiz is better than a good chunk of them, I reckon. 

Just now, interloper said:

Well, pick whoever. But there have been so many luke warm prospects folks have held on a pedestal over the years. Hernaiz is better than a good chunk of them, I reckon. 

Yep.  It could end up a situation like when they traded their third best starting pitching prospect and he still turned out to be really good.

Which if it is, it is.

I'm not one of those folks that think you have to win every trade.  Both sides can do well.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Yep.  It could end up a situation like when they traded their third best starting pitching prospect and he still turned out to be really good.

Which if it is, it is.

I'm not one of those folks that think you have to win every trade.  Both sides can do well.

You mean EdRod II, right?