“Orioles big game shopping & most believe it's exclusively rotation”

Roll Tide

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

Has SG posted since this trade went down?  Someone please call and check on him, a 3 team trade might have given him a heart attack and/or a stroke.  

Anyway, looks like Rodon might be headed to the Yankees.  Seems to be the kerfuffle on Twitter.

This has been a really disappointing offseason so far.  And I'm not saying that because we haven't given an absurd contract to Rodon, but it's that other teams are fearlessly making moves, being aggressive and Kyle Gibson is our booby prize.

We’re broke 🤮

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Nah, come on.  There's no way.

We are going to have $110 million in Revenue sharing (48% of each teams total revenue split equally),$100 million in National TV revenue. And 52% of everything else of ours ie, tickets, food sales, souvenirs, local TV money. I’ve estimated $75 million and $30 million a share of the Disney contract.

Justthe Disney mone gets you a real upgrade. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

We are going to have $110 million in Revenue sharing (48% of each teams total revenue split equally),$100 million in National TV revenue. And 52% of everything else of ours ie, tickets, food sales, souvenirs, local TV money. I’ve estimated $75 million and $30 million a share of the Disney contract.

Justthe Disney mone gets you a real upgrade. 

You including their cut of the luxury tax penalties?

I don’t even really understand the Gibson signing if the plan is to not make any additional moves… why bother?  Just to cover some innings and avoid a total collapse of the SP in the event of worst case regression by the rest of the staff?

Would prefer that FO be a little more honest about where they truly believe they are in the rebuild process, because I would expect more aggressive attempts to improve the team’s prospects in the short term this off-season if they really believe this core is likely to compete for a playoff spot next year.

7 minutes ago, Emory Eagle said:

I don’t even really understand the Gibson signing if the plan is to not make any additional moves… why bother?  Just to cover some innings and avoid a total collapse of the SP in the event of worst case regression by the rest of the staff?

Would prefer that FO be a little more honest about where they truly believe they are in the rebuild process, because I would expect more aggressive attempts to improve the team’s prospects in the short term this off-season if they really believe this core is likely to compete for a playoff spot next year.

Well, Elias did say that he does not think we have a realistic shot of winning the division, so there's that.

6 minutes ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

Well, Elias did say that he does not think we have a realistic shot of winning the division, so there's that.

Not quite what he said:  “Look, in the division we’re in and the teams that were at the top of the division this year, where we came from last year, I think it’s really hard to sit there and chart a course and say, ‘We’re likely to win the division.’”