Roll Tide

1 hour ago, clapdiddy said:

I'll answer.

Bassitt

Eovaldi

On a one-year deal:

Cueto

Syndergaard (incentive-laden deal only)

So there's 2-4 options you'd like.  I think this probably would speak for a fair amount of people here.  I haven't seen many more names than this being mentioned here.  I'd add Rodon depending on the years/dollars, so let's go up to 5.  

The fact that it's December 9th doesn't matter in regards to the FA market, especially pitchers.  It's slim pickings right now.  

Edited by Moose Milligan

24 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

So there's 2-4 options you'd like.  I think this probably would speak for a fair amount of people here.  I haven't seen many more names than this being mentioned here.  I'd add Rodon depending on the years/dollars, so let's go up to 5.  

The fact that it's December 9th doesn't matter in regards to the FA market, especially pitchers.  It's slim pickings right now.  

I would definitely be interested in Rodon...but it sounds like they aren't going to spend that kind of money/years, that's why I didn't include him.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Don't get all coy, Froberto Alomar.  Name 'em.  

THAT WASN’T YOUR QUESTION!   So, I’m channeling my inner Erik Bedard.   

Actually, I was just having fun with my answer.  I don’t know if it’s six, or who.   It sort of depends on the contracts.   I’d might prefer Rodon or Bassitt to any pitcher signed to date, depending on the terms of their deals.  There are certainly guys I like less than Taillon and Walker, but I might like them better if their deals are shorter and cheaper.  So we’ll see.   I agree the options have dwindled, so we’ll see if Elias comes up with a better talent/price/length combo than we’ve seen in these other deals.  

• Haha 1

Might be time to be the "big game" idea to bed. Rodon seems like he's going to the Yankees and the Mets have a luxury tax penalty bigger than our entire payroll right now, so it's likely they could pony up for Bassitt without blinking. Correa probably goes to SF. I think Elias shot his shot and saw that the Taijuan Walkers of the world are getting like $70 million and that's the end of that story right there. 

Edited by interloper

1 hour ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

Trevor Williams to the Gnats on a 2/$13 million dollar deal. 

I thought he might be a vaguely interesting pickup if we were going to be too cheap to sign a mid-rotation starter like Bassitt or Eovaldi. 

Ha, and I thought my checklist had everyone under every rock.    That's a name that never once occurred to me and I say that as someone wondering how Cole Hamels looks and if we've come to the Seth Lugo-Drew Smyly part of the dance.

4 hours ago, clapdiddy said:

I'll answer.

Bassitt

Eovaldi

On a one-year deal:

Cueto

Syndergaard (incentive-laden deal only)

Rodon or Bassitt are the only two left that would make me happy.    I would settle for Cueto, Eovaldi, or Syndergaard.

10 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Ha, and I thought my checklist had everyone under every rock.    That's a name that never once occurred to me and I say that as someone wondering how Cole Hamels looks and if we've come to the Seth Lugo-Drew Smyly part of the dance.

I had also forgotten that he existed until I was reading an article about the Mets a week or two ago that listed all of their free agent pitchers.