2022-23 free agent signings tracker

Frobby

1 hour ago, Redskins Rick said:

But are the deals, offical yet?

I mean the Sean Manaea deal, which was just announced today, isn't "official" yet and he's not included in the graphic. It was my understand that the point of the graphic was to indicate who's available not who's dotted every i and crossed every t on their contract. And my comment wasn't intended to be negative. I was just pointing out that they aren't available. 

3 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

I saw something over the weekend that the proposed Judge deal, would have been rejected by MLB as too much deferred money, trying to sneak around the cap.

The money wasn't deferred.  It was the contract length, 14 years, that was causing MLB to consider nixing the deal.  The long years with most of the money paid early lowered the average annual value while giving Judge cash up front.  The AAV is the figure used for luxury tax purposes.

3 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Let's see how quickly these Orioles BATS can master Bassitt's assortment of strikes.    I believe he'll need to fear us a good deal by Year 3.

Well the Jays scored 775 runs in 2022, and the Orioles scored 674.  Maybe he figured the O's were less scary.

Also, we know the Jays made an offer, which is something we can't say about the Orioles.