Orioles sign Kyle Gibson

eddie83

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Yea but Westburg is more likely to be an everyday MLer because he has the more likely major league bat and his defense will be good at second.

Sounded like his defense was questionable at second also, and he could end up at first base. I'd prefer Gunnar at third, Mateo/Hollliday at short and Ortiz at second.

We can argue about who we would rather keep or trade, Ortiz or Westburg.  We have our opinions and I think it's close enough that no one is right or wrong.   Ortiz might wind up the better player.  I could be talked into including Westburg over Ortiz but it might come down to who the Marlins prefer and how the organization values each.

38 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Coming home from dinner  person mentioned that the Gibson contract is closer to $10 mil. thrn 5 mil  Who knows if he is just speculating or has any idea  

The only number I’ve seen is on twitter. It’s $5 million 3 different times. Do you have anything that say what you are saying? Thanks

8 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

The only number I’ve seen is on twitter. It’s $5 million 3 different times. Do you have anything that say what you are saying? Thanks

This is how we receive Oriole contractual news- twitter from unknown sources and walking down the block you hear some guys taking what the contract numbers are. DeGrom signs and he passed his physical and we have all contractual numbers.

15 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

It’s a huge problem in our society today that if something gets said three times on Twitter, people will take it for a fact.  Let’s just wait until we have an authoritative report.   

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, tntoriole said:

18 pages on a Kyle Gibson thread … man, it is going to be a long offseason.    😂 

It's only 2 pages if you take out duplicate posts and unrelated to Gibson posts.

It is definitely going to be a long offseason.  Haha

Edited by jerios55