Any interest in Josh Bell?

Frobby

Just now, interloper said:

I like Stowers, but he's not factoring into any of my off-season decisions. He's not a big enough prospect and didn't prove enough to have that kind of pull yet. So I just kind of worry about him later, hopefully he makes an impact one way or another. 

Is Bell at 1B, Santander at DH, Stowers at RF (Mountcastle trade)

better than

Bell at DH, Santander at RF, Mounty at 1B (Stowers 4th OF)? 

Depends what we get back in the Mountcastle trade.    It also depends on what Stowers does as a full-time player.   I'd rather roll the dice on option 1.

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Ok.  Let's say he DH's 30 games.   Fair enough?   He DH'd 23 last year.

30 games would not stop me from getting a DH type. Brantley and JDM are two names I would have interest in. 

What Elias does with the lineup will be fascinating. 

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I am fine with that. I don’t want Santander much in the OF. If he stays he needs to be the main DH obviously. 

I think they are a ton of different directions Elias could go. 

Josh Bell is a career .812 OPS player.   Wouldn't it be a kick in the head if we trade Stowers and that's what he is?

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

Josh Bell is a career .812 OPS player.   Wouldn't it be a kick in the head if we trade Stowers and that's what he is?

Then they should move him to 1B and deal Mountcastle. 

A big part of Elias’ job will be internal evaluations. That goes without saying. 

Just now, eddie83 said:

Then they should move him to 1B and deal Mountcastle. 

A big part of Elias’ job will be internal evaluations. That goes without saying. 

I don't think 1B is an option for Stowers or we would have seen some sign of it.   Stowers and Santander would share DH/RF.    Again, If Bell was acquired I would think it would be to replace Mountcastle.

1 minute ago, tabletop said:

30 people had an OPS higher than .812 last year so that would be something if Stowers turns into a career .812 OPS guy.

Well, he was .880 in AAA last year and .764 in September which is the only time he got regular AB's.   He has improved each of the least 2 years.   I wouldn't put an .812 OPS past him for next year but there's only one way to find out.

As Eddie said, I'll leave it to Elias and company to decide which of these younger players are keepers.

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

I don't think 1B is an option for Stowers or we would have seen some sign of it.   Stowers and Santander would share DH/RF.    Again, If Bell was acquired I would think it would be to replace Mountcastle.

Ryan could possibly stay if Santander goes. Obviously 1 of the 2.  

Once we see the Orioles first move position player wise we can start to put the puzzle together. Curious how it all plays out.