Your Offseason Grade Through 12/15

Roll Tide

What’s Your Grade   

69 members have voted

1. 1. Grade For The Offseason So Far

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/30/22 at 05:14

We added Gibson a #5 Type starter and slight upgrade over Lyles. He gets $10 million plus the $1 million spent opting out on Lyles. It’s a sideways move that puts a back of the rotation currently at or near the top of our 2023 rotation.

Frazier last year .306 OBP - .612  for $8 million. A modest upgrade at best over Odor, but the Orioles only paid Odor $700,000. It’s hard to argue that we got much of an upgrade based on the difference in salary. 

We had a few other MILB signings that are moves that help winning at AAA but don’t appear to help the Orioles.

Frazier had the worst year of his career and still put up 1.1 fWAR / 0.9 bWAR. Odor last year was worth 0.4 fWAR / -0.4 bWAR. To say Frazier is a “modest upgrade” doesn’t make sense to me. He’s a pretty big upgrade even if he only does a little bit better than last year. In 2021 he was worth 3.6 fWAR / 4.1 bWAR.

I get he isn’t the big “MOO” bat most wanted but he is a significant upgrade over Odor.

• Upvote 1

Just now, tabletop said:

Frazier had the worst year of his career and still put up 1.1 fWAR / 0.9 bWAR. Odor last year was worth 0.4 fWAR / -0.4 bWAR. To say Frazier is a “modest upgrade” doesn’t make sense to me. He’s a pretty big upgrade even if he only does a little bit better than last year. In 2021 he was worth 3.6 fWAR / 4.1 bWAR.

I get he isn’t the big “MOO” bat most wanted but he is a significant upgrade over Odor.

8 million versus $700,000. Who was the better value? 

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

He'd have given them an A if they hadn't wasted that 18M on Free Agents.  😉

I’ve got some Jungle Juice to sell him. It’s that crappy orange punch and the cheap vodka that tastes of lighter fluid. I suppose I can put an Oriole Bird sticker on the bottle and tell him it’s made with Absolut Vodka, Triple Sec, and fresh squeezed OJ 😜

1 minute ago, Roll Tide said:

I’ve got some Jungle Juice to sell him. It’s that crappy orange punch and the cheap vodka that tastes of lighter fluid. I suppose I can put an Oriole Bird sticker on the bottle and tell him it’s made with Absolut Vodka, Triple Sec, and fresh squeezed OJ 😜

Man I miss Jungle Juice.

Get out the full size trash can, load it up with fruit, rum and everclear and let it sit a few days.

OK, the recipe was a bit more advanced than that, I wasn't the alchemist in charge of the brewing.