Comments section on MASNsports.com

rm5678

12 hours ago, HakunaSakata said:

Not to derail the conversation, but I'm curious how the majority of you watch MASN. I'm really sick of being price gouged by Verizon FIos because they only offer MASN in their more expensive TV packages. I thought I found a workaround in their "pick five" plan, but of course MASN wasn't one of the available channels to select.  And MASN itself is so behind the times that they don't offer an independent streaming option. They certainly don't make it easy (or cheap) to follow the team.  

Animation Flag GIF by Patrick Smith

3 hours ago, Orioles0615 said:

Animation Flag GIF by Patrick Smith

Yeah, that's what I figured. I really don't need the entire MLB Extra Innings package though, but it sounds like that (plus your GIF) is the only other option. I remember the days when living in a market with multiple sports teams was a positive, but greed has made it a negative. Words cannot describe how much I hate MASN. The absolute worst. 

17 minutes ago, HakunaSakata said:

Yeah, that's what I figured. I really don't need the entire MLB Extra Innings package though, but it sounds like that (plus your GIF) is the only other option. I remember the days when living in a market with multiple sports teams was a positive, but greed has made it a negative. Words cannot describe how much I hate MASN. The absolute worst. 

Yea even with the Extra Innings Package if you are local you will be blacked out. And I use the word local very liberally as I think MASN gets blacked out as far as North Carolina 

There are some decent commenters there, it's not all drivel. But it's a lot of politics and a lot of... football, weirdly? 

Similar to OH, it's a bunch of old dudes yammering at each other, but they're less interested in stats and more interested in just chatting about whatever. 

Anyway, who cares? Let people enjoy their corner of the internet. We have ours. 

On 1/2/2023 at 9:45 PM, HakunaSakata said:

Not to derail the conversation, but I'm curious how the majority of you watch MASN. I'm really sick of being price gouged by Verizon FIos because they only offer MASN in their more expensive TV packages. I thought I found a workaround in their "pick five" plan, but of course MASN wasn't one of the available channels to select.  And MASN itself is so behind the times that they don't offer an independent streaming option. They certainly don't make it easy (or cheap) to follow the team.  

I use DirecTV Stream and it's around $90 a month. MASN is a local channel for me now so I don't have to pay extra for the sports package.

On 1/2/2023 at 9:45 PM, HakunaSakata said:

Where I live, I only have Con-cast. Masn is in a sports package that I have to pay for. It sucks but no way around it.

10 minutes ago, E-D-D-I-E said:

Where I live, I only have Con-cast. Masn is in a sports package that I have to pay for. It sucks but no way around it.

Yeah, it's really annoying to me that it's not a channel that's included in their Pick 5 package. Just a blatant attempt at a money grab and to make you pay more.