Starting Pitchers Left? Want Any Of Them?

Bahama O's Fan

26 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I won’t puke if we get Wacha, but I’m not going to turn cartwheels either.  At this point I’d rather trade for someone upmarket.  

Elias “Sign with us and our fans will not puke “

Wacha:”OK”

Edited by tntoriole
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

With all of the pitchers they’ve passed on I’m guessing Wacha isn’t happening either.  

Yeah in my "are they done" poll I voted for the option that predicted they'd get one of the remaining starters. But as I see Cueto taken off the board I wonder if they will just stand pat into spring training and make a trade before the season starts. Teams will be more desperate and have a better idea of how their squads are shaping up. 

1 minute ago, interloper said:

Yeah in my "are they done" poll I voted for the option that predicted they'd get one of the remaining starters. But as I see Cueto taken off the board I wonder if they will just stand pat into spring training and make a trade before the season starts. Teams will be more desperate and have a better idea of how their squads are shaping up. 

Or even not make a trade and just roll with what they have.

Could Dylan Bundy or Chris Archer be as good a reliever as Jorge Lopez?

Wacha would be fine.    I would welcome the insulation from replacement level guys being a very small number of owies away from our mound.     He is kind of in that gray area where he wants 2, but Elias could be offering fair money (and maybe an Opening Day start....sorry Kyle) for 1.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Could Dylan Bundy or Chris Archer be as good a reliever as Jorge Lopez?

Wacha would be fine.    I would welcome the insulation from replacement level guys being a very small number of owies away from our mound.     He is kind of in that gray area where he wants 2, but Elias could be offering fair money (and maybe an Opening Day start....sorry Kyle) for 1.

Bundy is an interesting idea. He got hit hard by right handed hitters last year but was really effective vs lefties. And his numbers for 1st time through the lineup were really good last year and not terrible throughout the rest of his career. He could be an above average middle reliever if he’s willing to take on that role. But considering Gibson got $10 million and a guaranteed starters role then I’m sure Bundy thinks he can get something similar.

Don’t laugh but Bundy. Here’s my reasoning… he always performs better in the 1st half. He could be a nice bridge to Means coming back and/or Hall putting it together. Then Bundy goes to the pen or we trade him. 

Since we didn’t sign a top FA SP, we need to rely on strength of numbers to carry us through June.