2023 Ongoing Lineup Thread

Ripken

18 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Mountcastle must have good numbers against Kluber?    I thought for sure that O'Hearn would get a start at 1B today.

I thought so too, but on the other hand Mountcastle is due to pop one and Kluber is very hittable even if he is right-handed. 

1 minute ago, interloper said:

No, but the two off-days sandwiching the Nats series are what's allowing this. 

Isn't DH considered a day off physically?  I mean, really, you're swinging the bat and maybe running the bases a couple of times.  

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

Isn't DH considered a day off physically?  I mean, really, you're swinging the bat and maybe running the bases a couple of times.  

Not arguing otherwise. But without those 2 off days I think we would have seen him sit at least once so far. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I would think so. However it is worth noting Adley has been brought back in the game at least once when they pinch hit for McAnn. I believe that game was a day game after a night game too!

11 minutes ago, EdwinRip said:

What is it going to take to get Mateo moved up in this lineup?  He has a 183wRC+  in 63 ABs. 

I get the temptation but if it's not broken, no need to fix it.  

I mean, if he's really producing at this level come late June and we're all pretty sure that this is for real and not a heater like he was on last summer, fine.  But leave the guy where he is, IMO.  

I also like having him on base for when the order turns over.  

It’s time to cut bait isn’t O’Hearn, or send Vavra down. Call up Westburg for the road trip. Norfolk was in Charlotte last night. It might be tough to get Westburg here for the day game. 

Assuming Hays misses today, this lineup is going to be real weak. Maybe McKenna and Vavra in the corners. 

47 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

It’s time to cut bait isn’t O’Hearn, or send Vavra down. Call up Westburg for the road trip. Norfolk was in Charlotte last night. It might be tough to get Westburg here for the day game. 

Assuming Hays misses today, this lineup is going to be real weak. Maybe McKenna and Vavra in the corners. 

Santander in RF and either of the other 2 in LF. I thought Adley might get a complete day off but I'd imagine he'll be the DH. 

Of course everything changes if Hays has to go on the IL.

Give Mckenna and O'hearn the boot, and call up Cowser and Westburg. Make Cowser the everyday RF and him and Hays can spare mullins in Center. Rotate Westburg in so he is playing at least 4-5 days a week. 

And Hyde and Elias need to  stop obssessing over lefty splits. You can't nuke the wall, obesses all offseason about getting a lefty bat, and then go crazy that no one "hits" left handed picthing. 

28 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I don’t get the idea of not giving Adley a day off, especially since he is slumping.

He's gonna get a day off during this Tigers series, maybe tomorrow if I had to guess.

I haven't looked, but I feel like Adley is DHing more this year than last. Maybe they think that is enough.