2023 Ongoing Lineup Thread

Ripken

1 minute ago, Malike said:

Hicks is still on the DL, I guess they wanted another OF.

Apparently Hicks is ready to come off too. He said today he feels he is ready and doesn’t believe he will need a rehab assignment.  They should have just brought up Cameron and continued to let Cowser get everyday at bats.

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Apparently Hicks is ready to come off too. He said today he feels he is ready and doesn’t believe he will need a rehab assignment.  They should have just brought up Cameron and continued to let Cowser get everyday at bats.

Looks like he's set to come off Sept. 4th, yeah. Not sure why they brought him up if they aren't going to play him.

13 minutes ago, rm5678 said:

Mountcastle scratched due to illness.

2 minutes ago, Brian88 said:

Why is Westburg DHing and not Frazier?

My guess is that it is about respecting the Vet.

They moved O'Hearn to first when Mountcastle was scratched and they don't want to make the vet feel disrespected by taking his start at second away.

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Cowser is fine..but play him. Otherwise, keep him down and bring up a different player.

Why?  If they think he’s the most useful fit to be on the bench right now, fine with me.  He’s got 439 AAA plate appearances.  He’s not going to get much out of another 80-100 between now and the end of the year.  And frankly, he may be back in Norfolk once Hicks is ready.  

• Upvote 1