2023 Ongoing Lineup Thread

Ripken

1 minute ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I just hope that playing thr Oakland A's is the remedy Mateo needs to improve his batting skill and get back to playing closer to like he was un the 1st month of the season.

If Mateo could bunt he could raise his batting average bunting for base hits, but he's a terrible bunter. I don't know how a player with his speed and not so great power never picked up that skill.

2 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

If Mateo could bunt he could raise his batting average bunting for base hits, but he's a terrible bunter. I don't know how a player with his speed and not so great power never picked up that skill.

I don't know how any professional baseball player is a terrible bunter. Heck, the 1st thing they teach kids in their 1st year plating little league baseball is how to bunt correctly.

31 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Mateo could get tips from Mullins, who is a great bunter.  I remember him keeping his batting average afloat by a bunch of bunt hits in his first taste of the majors.  Surprisingly, many on the Hangout were negative about Mullins bunting so much.  First you guys call for every hitter in a slump to bunt and then someone does it and you complain.  lol

30 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I don't know how any professional baseball player is a terrible bunter. Heck, the 1st thing they teach kids in their 1st year plating little league baseball is how to bunt correctly.

I would think kids today would be working on launch angles and maximizing EV.

1 hour ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Just imagine if we get to the playoffs, IF Mateo has a month like he did in April.

That sounds like a great thread for discussion. "If you could have 1 more month during playoffs where Mateo plays as good as we saw in April, would it be worth all the bad months?"

1 hour ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

That sounds like a great thread for discussion. "If you could have 1 more month during playoffs where Mateo plays as good as we saw in April, would it be worth all the bad months?"

If you could have April Mateo and still have first place when we reach the playoffs?

Of course. It would be ludicrous to suggest otherwise.