2023 Ongoing Lineup Thread

Ripken

3 minutes ago, EddeeEddee said:

Really?  Today's lineup has 5 hitters with an OPS under .700 -- including two under .400.  Just looking at the box score they have 15 strikeouts today.  Henderson shouldn't be batting higher than 8th or 9th.  I don't get the Stowers experiment at all.  He needs to go down soon.  Henderson may need a taste of AAA again too at some point, especially to work on his defense.  

Concerning McKenna, he's hit pretty well this year against lefties.  Though today's pitcher is a righty.  

But really the player that drives me mad is Ryan Mountcastle.  His OBP is in the bottom 15 in the league, as are his walks.  I guess he'll get better, but I don't see him as the 1B or DH of the future for this team with all the talent downstairs and around the league.  Despite his obvious gifts as a hitter he's more flawed than Mancini.  

Westburg is the future 1B of this team. It just won't happen until next season at the earliest.

Urias, Mateo, Santander, Hays, Mountcastle - all of them should be traded.

I'd stick with Gunnar for another few weeks. Adley struggled his first month or so in the majors and then figured things out. Coming into today's game, Gunnar's OBP was higher than that of Santander, Mateo, Mountcastle, and Frazier. This offense actually can't afford to send down Gunnar when he makes pitchers work as much as he does, and when he gets on base as much as he does despite a low average (which I have full confidence will improve soon).

7 minutes ago, Chelsea_Phil said:

Stowers is really grating on me .  What is he hitting? .050?  Ridiculous.

Does he even look good during BP before the game?  He is ice cold.  Absolute zero.  Measurable only by a cryometer.  Send him to the north or south pole to reverse global warming and preserve the ice caps.

Edited by Emory Eagle
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Brooks The Great said:

Westburg is the future 1B of this team. It just won't happen until next season at the earliest.

Urias, Mateo, Santander, Hays, Mountcastle - all of them should be traded.

I'd stick with Gunnar for another few weeks. Adley struggled his first month or so in the majors and then figured things out. Coming into today's game, Gunnar's OBP was higher than that of Santander, Mateo, Mountcastle, and Frazier. This offense actually can't afford to send down Gunnar when he makes pitchers work as much as he does, and when he gets on base as much as he does despite a low average (which I have full confidence will improve soon).

Of course Henderson is likely a great player in the making and needs some patience, but I think he may need some more finishing at some point in AAA. 

I don't agree Urias, Mateo, Santander and Hays or even Mountcastle should be traded anytime soon so long as this team keeps up it's winning ways -- unless the return for those guys is better than expected.  I especially like Urias as a role player, I can't see why the O's would trade Hays in the near future, and the only real reason to trade Santander anytime soon is because he'll be a free agent in the not too distant future. 

Even if most of the guys in the minors reach their potential it may take some time.

11 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Is this Santander's first start at first?

Unless BB-Reference is wrong this will be his first major league game at first.

He's only done it in Spring Training and I think maybe a minor league game. He's done it in his distant past at lower levels but never in a major league game, IIRC.