Dean Kremer 2023

Just Regular

2 hours ago, Flash- bd said:

ERA down to 4.31, so we're probably talking about something like a 3.70 or so ERA since April. 

Maybe it's because he's a guy that it feels like people are overly down on or beat up on too much, or because he came through our system, or because he's what we salvaged out of the Machado trade, but I'm a big fan of his. 

It really feels to me like he comes up big when we really need a big start. 

I also feel like he's better than the upside of a 5th starter that people have him pegged to be...let's not forget that he had a 3.23 ERA and 3.80 FIP last season (albeit in 21 starts). I wouldn't be surprised to see him get under 4 this season, and at 27 he's still a guy who has room for growth. 

All in all he's someone I really count as part of our rotation for the next 3-4 years barring injury. And if we build enough quality in our rotation where he's our 4th/5th starter we'll be in good stead for a couple of WS runs. 

from the sun

Kremer struggled to begin the season with a 6.67 ERA in April, but he’s since been one of Baltimore’s most reliable starters with a 3.70 ERA. In his past nine starts dating back to July 5, Kremer has a 3.06 ERA and 1.075 WHIP

• Upvote 1

Just now, baws22489 said:

from the sun

Kremer struggled to begin the season with a 6.67 ERA in April, but he’s since been one of Baltimore’s most reliable starters with a 3.70 ERA. In his past nine starts dating back to July 5, Kremer has a 3.06 ERA and 1.075 WHIP

Sorry its hard to read, copy and pasted from the Sun. My first time trying that?

I love Kremer out-pitching Gausman. Two guys involved in trades when the O's were selling. Gausman slamming his glove in the dugout as the Orioles once again do just enough to beat him, while his guys give him no run support. Kremer just calmly going 6 scoreless. 

I take a weird pleasure in how frustrating it must be for KG playing the O's. He's so good, but we always seem to find a way against him. The Blue Jays stink. 

Edited by interloper
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, interloper said:

I love Kremer out-pitching Gausman. Two guys involved in trades when the O's were selling. Gausman slamming his glove in the dugout as the Orioles once again do just enough to beat him, while his guys give him no run support. Kremer just calmly going 6 scoreless. 

I take a weird pleasure in how frustrating it must be for KG playing the O's. He's so good, but we always seem to find a way against him. The Blue Jays stink. 

I love it.  I really didn't mind Gausman before but since he made the random comment about wanting to "shove-it" to the Orioles I really dislike him. 

Plus with his long hair I think he looks a lot like the king from the Disney Three Musketeers movie from the 90s.

image.jpeg.e91d8fe4655681d2f0e4b9d4c94862c5.jpeg

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Didn't start off last night too efficient but made up for it and gave 6 shut out innings.  Really great to see.

That is a very good hitting team that he shut out for 6 IP. They were fouling off very good pitches and had a number of good takes. He had a higher PC than we all would have wanted but he did not panic. He made the adjustments and got a QS. I thought he pitched really well. Toronto is a good offensive team.

2 minutes ago, Jim'sKid26 said:

That is a very good hitting team that he shut out for 6 IP. They were fouling off very good pitches and had a number of good takes. He had a higher PC than we all would have wanted but he did not panic. He made the adjustments and got a QS. I thought he pitched really well. Toronto is a good offensive team.

I agree.  I think there would have been a time, maybe early last year where he'd have fallen apart.  He's figured out how to battle and get through innings if he doesn't quite have his best stuff.

• Upvote 1

Kremer has dominated the Jays this year. I wrote this in the Flaherty thread... I really think that they bumped Flaherty to allow Kremer and Gibson to throw against the Jays. I expect to see Flaherty against the Rockies or even the DBacks. 

For this season, Kremer has thrown 17 1/3 innings against the Jays and given up only three earned runs for a 1.56 ERA. Since the start of 2022 Kremer has thrown 41.33 innings against the Jays and given up only 14 earned runs for a 3.05 ERA.

He's pitched really well against them.