Adley Rutschman 2023

SilverRocket

How many WAR will Adley Rutschman get in 2023?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. How many WAR will Adley Rutschman get in 2023?

44 minutes ago, spleen1015 said:

I need to add that to the pet peeves thread. Ohtani will never be an Oriole.

I thought about bumping the Ohtani thread had the Angels blown their 4-0 lead behind Ohtani on Patriots Day this afternoon.     Their last week has included feats like losing to the Nationals, and repeatedly to the Red Sox.

Of course BAL will never give him his half billion, but Fall 2023 is under Club control for Kyle Gibson money.    Are the '23 Orioles doing enough it is a place he could embrace being for a few months?

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

I thought about bumping the Ohtani thread had the Angels blown their 4-0 lead behind Ohtani on Patriots Day this afternoon.     Their last week has included feats like losing to the Nationals, and repeatedly to the Red Sox.

Of course BAL will never give him his half billion, but Fall 2023 is under Club control for Kyle Gibson money.    Are the '23 Orioles doing enough it is a place he could embrace being for a few months?

Adley thread. Don't mean to derail, but, I'm on the record as saying Shohei is worth every penny he asks for just from the marketability aspect plus all the eyes from Japan that would subscribe to stream the Os (if they actually get with the 21st century). But, would Elias and Sig even want him if getting the green light? Positionally flexibility a requirement, which one could argue there's no more flexibility than a guy who can pitch and hit. But, he would gobble up the DH position every day. You think they'd entertain playing him in the OF and / or 1B a couple times a week so Adley and whomever else could DH occasionally? 

1 minute ago, oh-wee-ohs said:

Adley thread. Don't mean to derail, but, I'm on the record as saying Shohei is worth every penny he asks for just from the marketability aspect plus all the eyes from Japan that would subscribe to stream the Os (if they actually get with the 21st century). But, would Elias and Sig even want him if getting the green light? Positionally flexibility a requirement, which one could argue there's no more flexibility than a guy who can pitch and hit. But, he would gobble up the DH position every day. You think they'd entertain playing him in the OF and / or 1B a couple times a week so Adley and whomever else could DH occasionally? 

Either that or Adley could play 1B. Imagine those two together, they might put up 20 WAR just the two of them.

The only way it's even remotely possible that Shohei would come to Baltimore is if Santander and a boat load of prospects were involved in the deal. Ohtani is 2 players in 1, and the DH spot would belong to him.

But I digress. This thread is about Adley Rutschman, and if we come back down to reality, the first thing we need to do is extend our home grown top players like Adley. All these talented home grown players are going to need to get paid their worth at some point, and the front office must prepare and plan for that.

Here’s the thing people miss - it’s actually the small market teams who do many of the pre-Arb extensions.  Those tend to be affordable.  Extensions with a year or two to go before free agency, or signings of free agents, are way more expensive.   

I think if you looked back to when teams first started doing these deals, it was Cleveland and Tampa leading the way.