Adam Frazier 2023

Frobby

11 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Can you imagine the angst if the O's had drafted Tex and then he signed with the Yankees as a free agent?

I know this is TOTALLY What if world, but IMHO, there is no freaking way PA would have let Tex go to NY without more than matching that first contract. He debuted in like 2003 and was traded a couple times before NY in 2008 for 8 years. Pretty sure he was "worth" that contract in WAR. No freaking way PA trades Tex or lets him go to NYY as a FA. After Mu$$ina went to NY in what 2001?? Absolutely no way loses twice to NYY. He had the law firm and MASN and was willing to deficit spend.

1 hour ago, AnythingO's said:

I know this is TOTALLY What if world, but IMHO, there is no freaking way PA would have let Tex go to NY without more than matching that first contract. He debuted in like 2003 and was traded a couple times before NY in 2008 for 8 years. Pretty sure he was "worth" that contract in WAR. No freaking way PA trades Tex or lets him go to NYY as a FA. After Mu$$ina went to NY in what 2001?? Absolutely no way loses twice to NYY. He had the law firm and MASN and was willing to deficit spend.

He wasn’t quite worth it, per Fangraphs.  But the Yankees did win a title his first year there, so I’m sure the Yankees were happy to have somewhat overpaid.  

10 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Frazier could have an .850 OPS and it wouldn’t matter.   Lol

This.   While I questioned everything he would perform at a decent level,  in the end the biggest issue is we didn't and don't need him.   How he performs was always secondary to the unnecessary signing, period.  That said I'm glad he's doing better than I feared. 

9 minutes ago, forphase1 said:

This.   While I questioned everything he would perform at a decent level,  in the end the biggest issue is we didn't and don't need him.   How he performs was always secondary to the unnecessary signing, period.  That said I'm glad he's doing better than I feared. 

You know, that theory is already proving to be less and less true as well.

He's out OPSing not only Mountcastle, but Gunnar as well.  Urias is hurt, again.

He's certainly providing value to this team that they couldn't just snap their fingers and easily replace.

Edited by Pickles
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Pickles said:

You know, that theory is already proving to be less and less true as well.

He's out OPSing not only Mountcastle, but Gunnar as well.  Ortiz is hurt, again.

He's certainly providing value to this team that they couldn't just snap their fingers and easily replace.

Ortiz is hurt????

8 minutes ago, forphase1 said:

Ha Ha Ha. Gunnar Henderson's performance at the plate is proving why we shouldn't have gone into the year relying on an infield full of rookies.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, forphase1 said:

What do you mean we dont need him. Our record would not be as good right now without signing Frazier. 

• Haha 1

Just now, DirtyBird said:

Ha Ha Ha. Gunnar Henderson's performance at the plate is proving why we shouldn't have gone into the year relying on an infield full of rookies.

I think Gunnar is going to be fine.  He was robbed today and is making good contact.  That said you are right you don't want your whole infield full of rookies.  People assume Westburg because he is hitting well at AAA, will do the same in the big leagues.  See Gunnar Henderson.  I know people want to be right, but at this point in time Frazier has been a good move.