GrayRod or Hall up next?

banks703

Watkins can’t start Wednesday. He pitched 5 innings yesterday. It would be short rest for Zimmermann as well, as he started on Saturday. 

Now that Wells is in the game, I think they have to go with Rodriguez, Hall, or Voth/a bullpen game for whichever game Gibson doesn’t start. 

Edited by Spy Fox
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Spy Fox said:

Watkins can’t start Wednesday. He pitched 5 innings yesterday. It would be short rest for Zimmermann as well. 

Now that Wells is in the game, I think they have to go with Rodriguez, Hall, or Voth/a bullpen game for whichever game Gibson doesn’t start. 

Voth actually makes sense for Wednesday. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

Watkins can’t start Wednesday. He pitched 5 innings yesterday. It would be short rest for Zimmermann as well, as he started on Saturday. 

As I said, I'll be at Wednesday's game. I'll be take a G-Rod start...however unlikely that will be.

What a dumbass move to bring in Bautista here. Tyler quite literally could not have realistically pitched any better and showed no signs whatsoever of slowing down. 

I like Hyde and think he has done a great job during his time as the manager but moves like this just don’t make sense to me. 

I don’t care that Felix closed the door. There was no reason to not let Tyler finish the game. 

Edited by banks703

*Grayson started Friday, and he did not look like himself. Granted, he had to battle the rainy weather.

*Bruce Zimmerman started Saturday and he dominated. He had double digit strikeouts and got the win.

*Spencer Watkins started Sunday and he had the toughest time of those 3 starters. But the Tides still got the Win.

*I believe DL Hall might start tomorrow on Tuesday for the Tide.

If you look at the rest days, then it makes the most sense to let Kyle Gibson can start tomorrow (Tuesday) on a normal 5 day schedule (Orioles had the day off Friday). Then on Wednesday, they can either let Kremer pitch on short rest, or they can let Austin Voth start and see if he can give them some length. Voth last pitched Saturday, but he wasn't in for very long so he should be rested enough to be able to start, in my opinion. That should be able to solve the immediate issue without having to burn through some minor league options prematurely.