GrayRod or Hall up next?

banks703

1 hour ago, banks703 said:

What a dumbass move to bring in Bautista here. Tyler quite literally could not have realistically pitched any better and showed no signs whatsoever of slowing down. 

I like Hyde and think he has done a great job during his time as the manager but moves like this just don’t make sense to me. 

I don’t care that Felix closed the door. There was no reason to not let Tyler finish the game. 

Tyler Wells has a complicated injury history and it's a long long season. Better to keep his usage moderated this early in the season. He's not a Jordan Lyles type of innings eater yet. He's a converted bullpen relief pitcher into a starter.

7 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Nope.

He came through college(35-38 GS) and the minors (47-51 GS) predominantly as a starter. 

Facts. 

I don’t like the move to take Tyler out of the game tonight. The only base runner he allowed was on a slip and bobble by Jorge. Tyler realistically could not have thrown better, especially given the impromptu appearance. He should have been rewarded with the ninth. I’m disappointed in Hyde for removing him. 

3 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Wouldn’t Wednesday be a throw day for Watkins as a SP?  So I think we could call him up as a bulk reliever. 

No, Watkins just pitched Sunday. So he wouldn't have enough rest to pitch on Wednesday. He gave up 5 hits, 3 walks, and 3 runs in 5 innings pitched Sunday, and that was with total rest to start his season.

2 hours ago, maybenxtyr said:

I doubt they will call up Hall or Rodriguez for a start or 2.

They'll use Voth or Watkins before they change the program for those guys that quickly.

Hall pitched about 4 innings in spring training total and one side session  He needs to build up innings if they want him to be a starter,three or four starts at least. Now if the Orioles want to bring him up to relieve that is a different story. 

12 hours ago, Going Underground said:

Hall pitched about 4 innings in spring training total and one side session  He needs to build up innings if they want him to be a starter,three or four starts at least. Now if the Orioles want to bring him up to relieve that is a different story. 

Hall just gave up a HR to Eli White in the 1st inning at Norfolk.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, rm5678 said:

Hall just gave up a HR to Eli White in the 1st inning at Norfolk.

He settled down after that so far.  2 innings pitched lead off homer 3 k’s 39 pitches and 24 strikes not great ratio but not awful either.   He is also facing Braves star pitcher Mike Soroka who makes pitchers bad luck like nothing.  He was soon to be all star type pitcher after great rookie year and then had multiple injuries causing him to miss almost all of last 3 years.  

2 minutes ago, vab said:

Just more crooked numbers for this kid all the way across. He's probably going to figure this thing out at some point but I don't know if it's going to be in this organization. 

Can't say our develop team has had much luck with whatever it is they've tried.