Jorge Mateo 2023

Frobby

I was at the game, visiting with @justDin the upper deck directly behind home plate and we had a great view of that play.  I was stunned when I realized Mateo wasn’t stopping at 3B.  The relay play wasn’t crisp and Mateo’s speed forced the issue.  And lest we forget, Mateo was only on 1B because EdRod panicked on his swinging bunt because of his speed.  Speed kills!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

I was at the game, visiting with @justDin the upper deck directly behind home plate and we had a great view of that play.  I was stunned when I realized Mateo wasn’t stopping at 3B.  The relay play wasn’t crisp and Mateo’s speed forced the issue.  And lest we forget, Mateo was only on 1B because EdRod panicked on his swinging bunt because of his speed.  Speed kills!

His speed really is amazing. 

Wonder how he compares with a guy like Tyreek Hill?

15 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Nothing..just a comment that was made without any kind of preemptive reason to do so.

I can’t wait until we as a people don’t get offended by every little thing. I can only imagine what a guy that seems to be a really likeable, nice, Hispanic(every Latin American friend I have LOVES to be called Latinx) with a skin color that would be deemed black could have done to be racist. 

• Downvote 1

29 minutes ago, Frobby said:

FYI, that was Shreve who panicked on the Mateo swinging bunt.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Frobby said:

At first I thought he was hobbling home.  On replay realized he was on first and simply just started to run out of gas a little.  

25 minutes ago, sevastras said:

I can’t wait until we as a people don’t get offended by every little thing. I can only imagine what a guy that seems to be a really likeable, nice, Hispanic(every Latin American friend I have LOVES to be called Latinx) with a skin color that would be deemed black could have done to be racist. 

Call one of my DR, PR, Nica, Guate, or El Salvadorean buds “LatinX” and be prepared to take a quick jab to nose.  

• Haha 1