Dylan Beavers 2023

RZNJ

• 2 weeks later...

Outfielder Dylan Beavers was Baltimore’s second pick in 2022 (33rd overall), and hit very well in his pro debut last summer, but he’s hitting just .231/.328/.398 for Aberdeen, far too low for a major-college product (Cal) in High A. He’s lunging horribly at the plate, out over his front side way too soon, and then throwing his hands at the ball for soft contact. He’s always had a little bit of that last part in his swing, but as late as last August, he was staying strong and balanced through contact rather than jumping out front. He should be a better hitter than this, for average and for some power as well.

Quick blurb from Keith Law about Beavers in his most recent article on Holliday and some insight into why he's struggling currently. Hoping he turns things around. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/3/2023 at 7:28 AM, Frobby said:

This one took a lot out of Beavers. 

This was a great example of why I say everything he does is awkward. That's the first time in my life I've seen a guy with an inside the park home run where he looked like he was off balanced the entire run! lol

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TheWall said:

Outfielder Dylan Beavers was Baltimore’s second pick in 2022 (33rd overall), and hit very well in his pro debut last summer, but he’s hitting just .231/.328/.398 for Aberdeen, far too low for a major-college product (Cal) in High A. He’s lunging horribly at the plate, out over his front side way too soon, and then throwing his hands at the ball for soft contact. He’s always had a little bit of that last part in his swing, but as late as last August, he was staying strong and balanced through contact rather than jumping out front. He should be a better hitter than this, for average and for some power as well.

Quick blurb from Keith Law about Beavers in his most recent article on Holliday and some insight into why he's struggling currently. Hoping he turns things around. 

I've seen a ton of kids with this balance issue and resulting weak contact. 

I know just the hitting coach for him. Local guy originally from Puerto Rico. Focuses all on the lower half.

Dylan, if you're reading this, let me know. I'll give you his info!

3 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

This was a great example of why I say everything he does is awkward. That's the first time in my life I've seen a guy with an inside the park home run where he looked like he was off balanced the entire run! lol

Maybe he learned baseball from this?