Samuel Basallo 2023

Tony-OH

• Tony-OH changed the title to Samuel Basallo 2023
  • Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

At what point does the pressure build to take him off C and just let him focus on his bat?

52 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

Not any time soon I wouldn't think, unless you have some reason to believe that playing catcher is hindering his development.

Agreed.  He'll be a C until he proves otherwise.  The only other factor when he's a year out is the State of Adley.

Basallo has a chance to be on the ML radar within a year or so. 

I tend to doubt he gets to AA this year but I think it’s possible. Most likely, he stays in Delmarva for 2-3 months and then moves to Aberdeen for the rest of the year. But if Delmarva ends up being a 1-2 month stay, then Bowie sometime in August remains a possibility.

He’s probably one of the handful of guys I am most intrigued with in terms of watching his progress this year.

Well, him and that stellar 2021 draft class of course.

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Basallo has a chance to be on the ML radar within a year or so. 

I tend to doubt he gets to AA this year but I think it’s possible. Most likely, he stays in Delmarva for 2-3 months and then moves to Aberdeen for the rest of the year. But if Delmarva ends up being a 1-2 month stay, then Bowie sometime in August remains a possibility.

He’s probably one of the handful of guys I am most intrigued with in terms of watching his progress this year.

Well, him and that stellar 2021 draft class of course.

Yeah, I don't see him being rushed like that considering his age and the position he plays. 

He would have had to established himself as one of the top prospects in all of baseball over the next few months, to end up in Bowie by the end of the season.  Highly unlikely. 

4 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Yeah, I don't see him being rushed like that considering his age and the position he plays. 

He would have had to established himself as one of the top prospects in all of baseball over the next few months, to end up in Bowie by the end of the season.  Highly unlikely. 

It’s not rushing him if he proves to be “too good” for the level he’s at. Age doesn’t matter.