Sunday afternoon (Easter Sunday): Yankees @ Orioles 1:35pm

nevadaO

1 minute ago, LA2 said:

Actually they have indeed had a repeated line on the O's all game: that we can't seriously compete in the AL East without much better starting pitchers

The YES guys also have said, several times, that Elias was expected to sign FA starters in the off-season and the wall was moved to help lure them, but that the Orioles did "nothing" in that regard. Literally wrong, but I'd guess that's what adding Gibson and Irvin looks like to lots of those evaluating the Orioles as a potential competitor for a post-season spot -- nothing.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, justD said:

Someone convince me that taking out Coulombe (sp?) was the right thing to do.   And for our star reliever Gillaspie no less. 

I don’t get it. He gave up one hit but at least he threw some strikes. Gillespie can’t locate anything 

4 minutes ago, cravens86 said:

I don’t get it. He gave up one hit but at least he threw some strikes. Gillespie can’t locate anything 

He's a lefty and after he failed to get the LH hitter Cordero out there were 3 straight righties coming up, so Hyde brought in the righthanded pitcher.