Cedric Mullins 2023

interloper

1 hour ago, Orioles0615 said:

If Mullins keeps it up what do we think he gets in his final year of airbirtation next year? And what are the odds Angelos sees that and is too cheap and makes Elias trade him?

Why are we worried about that?  CF is the one position where we don't have a direct replacement.  A lot can change before he 2025 offseason.  Heck, Holliday could be a CF then.  Enjoy the 20-9 start.  

1 hour ago, Orioles0615 said:

If Mullins keeps it up what do we think he gets in his final year of airbirtation next year? And what are the odds Angelos sees that and is too cheap and makes Elias trade him?

Next year is not his final year of arb.  He's not a FA until after the 2025 season.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Can someone please explain to me how stacast is measuring sprint speed? I was looking to see how close Cedric Mullins and Jorge Mateo might be, but now I don't even trust it because there's no way that Cedric Mullins is slower than Ryan Mountcastle.

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/sprint_speed_leaderboard

“Currently, the metric includes ‘qualified runs’ from these two categories:

• Runs of two bases or more on non-homers, excluding runs from second base when an extra-base hit happens.
• Home-to-first runs on "topped" or "weakly hit" balls.

The best of these runs, approximately two-thirds, are averaged for a player's seasonal average.”

https://www.mlb.com/glossary/statcast/sprint-speed

Currently, this metric is showing Cedric’s speed is down 0.5 ft/sec compared to last year.  He’s dropped a little each year, but 0.5 would be a pretty drastic drop.  I wouldn’t make too much of it yet; the data sample is pretty limited at this point in the season.

I doubt Mountcastle is faster than Mullins, but he’s faster than many people realize.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Orioles0615 said:

He’s not in his final year of arbitration next year.  He’s in Arb 2.  

• 2 weeks later...