A's Series

Moose Milligan

16 minutes ago, oriole said:

I think it’s already clear this year that this is not a contending team. 

Just for kicks, I looked up the 2003 Royals and 1987 Brewers, the previous teams that started like this year's Rays (9-0). They both finished third in their division those years, with 83 and 91 wins, respectively. 

So many times I have seen fans get all uptight about sweeping some weaker team and then get hysterical when it doesn’t happen.  

Seadons are long.  They have ups and downs.  Last year we lost 5 of 6 to Detroit, while winning the season series with Houston.  You never know how a series will go no matter how good or bad the two teams are.  

So, do I like our chances to win this series?   Yes.  Will I be bummed if they don’t?  Yes.   But there is no result that would tell me that much about how the following 149 games will go.  

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

I think that's a ridiculous statement to make after 9 games.

We also had spring training to watch. The pitching just isn’t that great. I’m not saying they won’t be fun to watch overall, or that they’re sure to have a losing season. I just don’t see any reason to believe anyone on this pitching staff can truly be above average. Well, I guess I could say Bautista but he’s been shaky at times already. Wells is also looking nice. So I’ll amend that and say that the majority of the pitching staff looks to be considerably below average.