Yennier Canó 2023

OsFanSinceThe80s

The movement on his pitches is pretty wild.  I'm kind of blown away at the movement pitchers are able to generate these days--maybe they always did that and I never noticed?--but he seems exceptional.  Hopefully all that tailing and sinking action will give him a relative advantage against lefties.  I mean, hey, no baserunners so far.

And how about keeping his composure after the balk?  Great stuff.  I like the swagger, it's fun as long as you're good, lol

Just now, Frobby said:

What a revelation he’s been.  Coulombe too.  Two guys we fans weren’t counting on at all going into the season.  Bullpens are funny organisms.  

Who'd have thought even a couple weeks ago that we'd be closing games with Cano and Coulombe? And honestly I was pretty confident although the BB-balk combo to start the 9th made me perk up a bit.

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

What a revelation he’s been.  Coulombe too.  Two guys we fans weren’t counting on at all going into the season.  Bullpens are funny organisms.  

A pattern is starting! Last year was a welcome surprise, but now we are seeing the Orioles continue to be a well run organization for success. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

The level of play keeps getting better.

Wasn't sure if it was my aging brain just misremembering the good old days but I feel like I came out of a coma and everyone is throwing 98 with movement and it wasn't always like that.

I guess Cano's change-up is like 90, which is insane with that break he puts on it.  Haven't seen a ton of pitchers with that kind of repertoire.

3 hours ago, Just Regular said:

Yennier 6 innings along hits me as one of the biggest wildcards for whatever this year might be - are we on the Cesar Valdez or Felix Bautista half of the football field?

Goodness gracious if Orioles PD is in the Bautista half again.

Interesting comp. I was thinking he gets so much movement on his changeup and sinker that he is almost like a knuckleballer on his approach.

8 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Very cool: "Bullpens are funny organisms."