Monday, April 24: Red Sox come to town

SteveA

3 minutes ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

Last time we shutdown a team after 4 runs in the first, we reeled off like 30+ shutout innings. Just saying…

This one has the extra oomph of also winning the day before despite being almost no-hit by ex-Red Sox Ed-Rod.

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Orioles didn’t strike out tonight. 

That's amazing. I'm sure that didn't escape the Red Sox's notice--that shows a very scary different type of mastery, esp. against someone like Sale.

Edited by LA2

10 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

By the way, we have a crapload of come.feom behind wins already this year.

How often does the first team to score hold on to win a game without giving up a lead?  The come from behind win start should really only count if it is in the last 3 innings or so?  Being down 1-0 in the first and winning isn't nearly as notable. 

1 minute ago, Yossarian said:

How often does the first team to score hold on to win a game without giving up a lead?  The come from behind win start should really only count if it is in the last 3 innings or so?  Being down 1-0 in the first and winning isn't nearly as notable. 

Not sure about that but they win at a 68.9% clip.

According to Google.

Just now, Yossarian said:

True but we've been down 4 a few times. I think one of those Oakland games they were 90% to win. +4 in the 3rd inning the Sox were over 80% to win. 

1 minute ago, Aristotelian said:

True but we've been down 4 a few times. I think one of those Oakland games they were 90% to win. +4 in the 3rd inning the Sox were over 80% to win. 

Yes.  Those are much more satisfying.  I have to admit, I was agnostic about getting the W today.  Great win for the Os.