Thursday, April 27th: Ortiz makes debut against the Tigers

spleen1015

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Nothing directly.  But it's a "Hey, wouldn't this look good in our rotation right now without Means and perhaps Bradish soon," post.  
    • Ben Wagner has to become the #1 radio voice.  He is doing a good job, near as I can tell.   I don't mind when the radio folks need to discuss wxOBA and other ephemera, but for goodness sake it has to come after you have accurately described the play that you can see, but I cannot.  Too many times I've screamed aloud in my vehicle, "Just tell me what happened!" Last summer, I was driving from Atlanta to Baltimore and listening to a Saturday afternoon game, with Geoff & Melanie at the mics.  By the fourth inning I was pulling what's left of my hair out when I remembered, "I'm listening on mlb.tv  I have options!"  I switched to the Braves broadcast, and everything was better.  From the sound quality, to the vocal tones, to the fact they could accurately and simply describe what was happening on the field, the Atlanta team put ours to shame.  Unfortunately, the Braves also won the game.
    • He's the same guy. He'll regress a little.  I wanted 2 rotation additions that were both better than Kyle Gibson. We only made 1. Here we are. 
    • Hehe.  I'm sure Norby will be going back down soon when Mateo is ready.  I keep wondering about Kjerstad though, as he's a better prospect than Stowers, yet Stowers is getting plenty of play up here.  Stowers seems to be doing fine, and maybe giving Kjerstad full time AB's in AAA is better for him currently? It's interesting. 
    • Gaylord Perry's overall results were meh as a trade rental, but he beat the Orioles at Memorial Stadium in his first game as a new Yankee that August. He was about a Top 20 MLB starter that season by rWAR. The Orioles swept a series at Yankee Stadium Aug. 8-10 as part of the surge, the Gaylord Perry trade occurred, and Gaylord helped them stop the bleeding during the Aug. 14-18 five game series at Memorial Stadium.      Five 50,000 crowds in five days must have been pretty hopping.
    • What does this have to do with the Os?
    • Yea that’s a good point. Im still skeptical he can handle CF on a full time basis but he is making me look more and more foolish for believing that. Of course, I was going off of many scouting reports saying they doubted he could…but he certainly looks at least capable of being good enough out there, even if he won’t be a GG candidate. 
  • Popular Contributors