Ortiz down, Stowers up

Sports Guy

3 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

It might not be fair but Stowers needed to show something these last two games, offensively.   He was on a home run tear in AAA and that’s what he’s here for.

He showed something defensively and that’s more than what O’Hearn brings to the table, but you’re right. It’s time for Stowers to produce. 

8 hours ago, AnythingO's said:

O'Hearn is here to DH and pinch hit, les is worse than Mounty defensively. Diaz is a different story but ME paid O'Hearn more for the bat not the glove.

He is definitely not here to DH, at least according to what we have seen so far this season. He is a PH, but also the guy to give Mountcastle rest at 1B. So far he has appeared in 9 games this season. 4 of those games were just as a pinch hitter. He has 5 starts, 1 at DH and 4 at 1B. They obviously want a left handed 1B that can spell Mounty. 

11 hours ago, RZNJ said:

It might not be fair but Stowers needed to show something these last two games, offensively.   He was on a home run tear in AAA and that’s what he’s here for.

You’re right. It wouldn’t be fair (or at all smart) to base his playing time going forward on the last two games. 

1 hour ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

He is definitely not here to DH, at least according to what we have seen so far this season. He is a PH, but also the guy to give Mountcastle rest at 1B. So far he has appeared in 9 games this season. 4 of those games were just as a pinch hitter. He has 5 starts, 1 at DH and 4 at 1B. They obviously want a left handed 1B that can spell Mounty. 

My point was not about DH vs PH but that he is here for his bat, not his glove. They do want a left handed bat which is why he, Diaz etc were brought in. He isn't an improvement on Mounty defensively. Diaz is but he probably won't hit as well.

56 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I expect that Ortiz will be up for O’Hearn tomorrow. It should be 10 days since he was sent down.

Lots of lefty bats on the team with a lefty SP going.  

I don't think they'll make a move for 1 game like that. I believe someone said that after this series there's a bunch of right handers coming up.

It still goes back to not having a place for Ortiz to play daily. I can't remember the circumstances from his first call up.