Thursday afternoon May 4: rubber match in KC, Orioles try to win 7th straight series

SteveA

If Grayson gives up 8+, this is on Hyde. He should be out of there long before he has a chance to let them tie it up. If we lose because the bullpen yields, that's not as much Hyde's fault, we just got beat. But I will be very mad if Hyde leaves this guy in until he's given up the lead.

Grod not going to make it 5

Who was the guy the Brewers just brought up and pitched 8 inning with double digit K's in his first ML start?

We are going to have to trade for a bunch of pitching to be true contenders, cause Elias doesn't draft them and we don't develop what we do draft

Just now, allquixotic said:

If Grayson gives up 8+, this is on Hyde. He should be out of there long before he has a chance to let them tie it up. If we lose because the bullpen yields, that's not as much Hyde's fault, we just got beat. But I will be very mad if Hyde leaves this guy in until he's given up the lead.

He should be capable of pitching 5 innings against KC.

Just now, webbrick2010 said:

Grod not going to make it 5

Who was the guy the Brewers just brought up and pitched 8 inning with double digit K's in his first ML start?

We are going to have to trade for a bunch of pitching to be true contenders, cause Elias doesn't draft them and we don't develop what we do draft

The crazy thing is that we drafted over and over and over guys who threw strikes and never walked anyone.  I mean, that was a trend I saw 2-3 years in a row, the guys we'd draft would have a history of never walking anyone. 

Our pitching development staff needs serious work.  

Good. Hyde pulls him when we're still up 8-5. Can't blame the loss on the manager at this point, it's just up to the individual performances. If we have multiple pitchers in a row who are bad, we deserve to lose. Here's hoping the pen has a good day. Or maybe we need to score 16 runs.

6 straight games after this against the two best teams in baseball… whole team needs to get in gear.  Despite the winning % doesn’t really feel like they’ve really clicked yet.  Borne out by the run differential and lack of blow out wins.  Still, wins in the bank are wins in the bank.