This place is unbearable after a loss

Sanfran327

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

This is what playoff baseball feels like. We’ve played the best two teams in MLB. The Rays don’t really have holes on their roster. We also swept the Braves. 

I wish I lived in your world. No wonder you are so positive. You think the Orioles swept the Braves when they lost 2 out of 3. :D

Either way, I agree, this is playoff caliber baseball and the Orioles are now 1 and 3 against these top teams. 

They have been in each game and that's encouraging, but I think the Orioles were doing so well by their hitters really hitting well against some very poor relief corps of some very bad teams. 

I still think this team is probably an 85 winish team. The holes Elias did not fill this offseason and ones he filled when he had better players onhand will be higlighted when they play the better teams. 

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

This is what playoff baseball feels like. We’ve played the best two teams in MLB. The Rays don’t really have holes on their roster. We also swept the Braves. 

We’re alright. 

Also swept the Braves, eh?

I'm assuming you move seamlessly back and forth through parallel universes where in one of them, we actually DID sweep the Braves.  

Pretty cool stuff.  Be safe when you're hopping universes out there.

• Like 1

On 5/8/2023 at 11:36 AM, interloper said:

My guy, if you think we don't need to trade for a TOR starter because of what Drew Freaking Rom is doing in AAA, and think that's going to cut it in this league, you're absolutely delusional. Respectfully. Lol. 

Grayson Rodriguez, a veritable pitching prospect god a thousand times more heralded than Rom, is barely managing not to drown up here. Drew Rom will get beat up and his lunch money stolen, I'm sorry. 

I always love it when the universe gives someone a chance to put their money where their mouth is like RIGHT away. Guess we'll see soon.

10 hours ago, dystopia said:

Your post still says we swept the Braves. When did that happen?

I'm willing to give sportsman8703 some slack and assume he meant "almost swept the Braves." He said he hadn't had his coffee yet.... 

Edited by LA2
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Also swept the Braves, eh?

I'm assuming you move seamlessly back and forth through parallel universes where in one of them, we actually DID sweep the Braves.  

Pretty cool stuff.  Be safe when you're hopping universes out there.

Be respectful of one of the guardians of the galaxy. Rocket Racoon in his universe is Omar the Oriole  He is even more wired.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, LA2 said:

I'm willing to give dystopia some slack and assume he meant "almost swept the Braves." He said he hadn't had his coffee yet.... 

Shall I give you a hard time instead for claiming I was the one who said it? 🙂