Saturday, May 27: Ryan Mountcastle Bobblehead day vs Rangers

SteveA

A lot of bad baseball today. Can't blame it on the uniforms, but there's an ugly consistency between the sub-ML outfits and the sub-ML play.

Why the hell can't MLB just let the teams design their own uniforms and wear them for every game? Forget about dressing them up like Ken dolls, on command from on high, for City Connect, Mothers' Day, Fathers' Day, Armed Forces Day, Fourth of July, etc. You do something like this once, especially if it's on a team's own initiative, and it means something. When the league orchestrates this stuff year after year,  that meaning is sucked dry. For me, anyway. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

A lot of bad baseball today. Can't blame it on the uniforms, but there's an ugly consistency between the sub-ML outfits and the sub-ML play.

Why the hell can't MLB just let the teams design their own uniforms and wear them for every game? Forget about dressing them up like Ken dolls, on command from on high, for City Connect, Mothers' Day, Fathers' Day, Armed Forces Day, Fourth of July, etc. You do something like this once, especially if it's on a team's own initiative, and it means something. When the league orchestrates this stuff year after year,  that meaning is sucked dry. For me, anyway. 

It’s all about pushing team merchandise $$$.

I hope all this City Connect merchandise ends up getting donated to third world countries. 

17 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Givens needs to drop at least 30 lbs to get his old delivery back, 

Is his delivery off because he is out of shape or hurt? It almost looked like he is too old and stiff to bring his leg back. Maybe it is intentional but the optics aren't good.

I don't understand that SUV commercial where those people are hiking up the mountain. That SUV comes out of nowhere to pick these hikers up to take them to the top. What's the point of hiking if you're gonna get driven? Lol. I'm sorry, but it just makes no sense. 😂