Anyone tried the Immaculate Grid game?

Frobby

8/9, 143.   Couldn't come up with an SL/Detroit, took a wild guess that was wrong.   I knew Andrew Miller fit but I had already used him for Detroit/Boston, poor planning on my part.   I did have a nice "played 3rd base" column that was all Orioles and came in under 3% total:   SL -- Floyd Rayford 0.06%, Cinc -- Ryan Freel 0.9%, Washington -- Maikel Franco 2.0%.

26 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

8/9 189.  Damn Marlins/Guardians grid got me.

Reveal hidden contents

Bert Blyleven, John Candaleria, Henry Davis

Joe Carter, Pat Hentgen, Bo Bichette

Miss, Jesus Luzardo, Jazz Chisolm

It got me too.  Worst part is that I used Carl Pavano for Marlins 10-game winner and then realized he would fit the Guardians-Marlins box, which was much harder to fill.  There’s plenty of Marlins 10-game winners, though Pavano scored well (1%).   

• Upvote 1

9/9 101

Spoiler

Mike Young, Mike Bordick, Mark Williamson

Jim Abbott, Jermaine Dye, Mark Buehrle

Ben Oglivie, Miguel Tejada, Fernando Valenzuela

Annoyed that I forgot Wilson Alvarez's no-hitter against us, considering I was there.  But that was such a long time ago, I was almost 10 and we left early.  Buehrle came to mind immediately.

Took a risk Williamson for the no-hitter grid for the Orioles, I thought he was the most obscure one of the 4 that pitched that day.  I guess Milacki would have been pretty obscure, too.

Edited by Moose Milligan

9/9 48

Spoiler

Dave Kingman, Eddie Murray, David Cone

Josh Hamilton, Mickey Tettleton, Fergie Jenkins

Dave Parker, Ted Kluszewski, Mario Soto

Happy that I didn't cave and and use Nolan Ryan, who'd have filled 3 of these boxes but I thought he'd drive up the score.  Josh Hamilton was 25% by himself.  

Dave Kingman was top of mind cause I used him the other day and I looked him up to see all the teams he played for, I knew a bunch of them but didn't know he played for the Angels for 10 games.  

9/9 54:

Nolan Ryan, Marv Throneberry, David Cone

Mark Teixeira, Mike Epstein, Fergie Jenkins

Vada Pinson, Frank Robinson, Tom Seaver

Pinson was my last box and he was a wild-ass guess.  While I was deciding what prayer to try there, I was cursing myself for “cleverly” putting Frank Robinson in the Reds 1B box, when I could have used him in the Reds/Angels box and picked any one of a dozen Reds 1B I knew.  But, I got lucky, and Pinson scored 1% while Frank scored 0.4%.   My three 1B combined were at 2.1%.   

Nolan Ryan, FWIW, was at 16% for Mets/Angels.   I also thought of K-Rod, but wasn’t sure he’d played for the Mets (he did).   Probably could have saved a few points there.  

Edited by Frobby

I was so close today! I tried to do all former Orioles for fun and I missed one.

Jon Schoop / X / Jorge Lopez

Roberto Alomar / Adam Jones / David Hernandez

Hanser Alberto / David Lough / Bruce Chen

Apparently Delmon Young exclusively played LF/DH for the Twins. Who would've thought? They didn't even give him an inning in RF.

• Upvote 1