MASN adds La Canfora, Devereaux, and Brad Bach to their lineup

accinfo

I find this interesting that they are expanding their lineup.  I thought Greg Olson and Brian Roberts did good jobs filling in for Palmer and McDonald when they were gone.  It will be interesting to hear them on the air.  

https://www.thebaltimorebanner.com/sports/orioles-mlb/masn-broadcast-brad-brach-mike-devereaux-jason-la-canfora-ZTPZ52C7OVC5PCD3P4Z62RSVWI/

1 minute ago, ArtVanDelay said:

Brach always seemed like kind of a boring guy (nothing wrong with that) so it’s hard to picture him in this role.  Maybe he’ll be great.  Devo was before my time and LaCanfora is a clown. 

Sometimes I turn on 105.7 on Audacy to listen to the BBT pregame show and I hear the end of LaCanfora's show. He is your typical obnoxious shock jock sports talk host. How he brings any value to MASN broadcasts is beyond me. I'd rather listen to Melanie Newman botch play by play than him. MASN continues their stellar operation.

That said I am looking forward to Palmer and McDonald in the booth this weekend.

And always liked Devo. Brach, I'm not sure I've ever heard him before.

Brian Roberts was great.. why not bring him in more?

• Upvote 1

I have to think that with Jim Palmer's age and recent illness, he is probably cutting back his schedule a bit, and they are looking for some fill-ins, while at the same time anticipating even further schedule cutbacks in the future for Jim and auditioning these folks to see who might take a bigger role if Jim does cut back even more next year.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Who does Jason LaCanfora have photos of from the Orioles front office? I agree with @Brian88 that LaCanfora was hired to make Melanie Newman look good. LaCanfora is the worst and I haven't listened to the afternoon show on 105.7 since he took over as co-host with Ken Weinman. 

LaConfora was on O's Xtra Pre-game with Rob Long earlier this week, and Long said he will be appearing on MASN from time to time for the rest of the season.

When Garceau left 105.7 it was JLC who took over. I always wondered if JA was involved in that somehow.  Now JLC is on MASN. I rarely watch the pre game but saw him last Sunday. He has had John Angelos on his radio show twice. They have to be buddies.

JA’s wife worked with Brach’s wife. Makes me wonder about that hire. 

Edited by eddie83